SAU Community

Have You Seen This, Pipe Dented?

Ok, from the responses it is not suppose to be like that. I know I didn't do it as I have basically slide the box of by hand (I like trolley jacks with big wheels :) ). I will have to source a replacement pipe. Thank you so much for your help guys.

• Like 1

Ok, from the responses it is not suppose to be like that. I know I didn't do it as I have basically slide the box of by hand (I like trolley jacks with big wheels :) ). I will have to source a replacement pipe. Thank you so much for your help guys.

Perfect opportunity to throw on some braided lines! Easier to manage than the steel ones and can be routed wherever.

I have actually seen this. I believe when people change there clutch or gear box the motor tilts and hits a bolt on the fire wall that holds a plastic clip that holds the heat core hoses or the heat insulation to the fire wall. I usually place a small peace of wood to prevent this from happening. Just my 2 cents.

If you look at the picture you can see a black bolt to the right that looks like it is holding insulation (I think that's what your referring to), but the dent looks wrong (I haven't actually tilted the engine that far either, but someone else might have). I will have a good look to see if there is something that it might have hit for future reference, but from what I saw it looked like it was clear.

Yes that's what I mean. That black bolt on the right. It's to blame. Some time in the past when someone changed clutch is when it happened. I had the same issue. If I'm not mistaken that the water line for the turbo. You can upgrade it to a stainless steel line.

Just an update, MJTru was on the money. The pipe dent was from that bolt, I found a minor dent further along that matched up with a heater pipe coming out of the firewall. Not sure how you hit it though, I've got about 20mm clearance at the point when they line up in the vertical axis. Either way I've changed them now, Thanx for your help figuring this out.