SAU Community

V36 Auto Window Not Working After Taking Out Battery

Hey

Just took out my battery for my car, and now the auto close feature doesnt work, does any1 know why? or a fix?
auto open feature still works on both side, but auto up doesnt even work on both sides of my V36

Hi mate, when i still had my V36 I had issues with the windows after I replaced a battery.

Give this a shot, it might work for you as well:

* put the ignition to "ON"

* push the buttons down to open the windows & hold this for about 5 seconds after the windows wind all the way down

* push the window buttons up to close the windows & keep holding the buttons for about 5 seconds after the windows wind all the way up

After I did this my windows worked fine for me.

Let me know how you go

Got too excited, just tried and now it works!! you're a legend!!

Did u had any issues with Slip, BA, ABS lights coming on the dash? do u have a fix for this aswell??

Brake fluid levels is ok, brakes has been bleed fine

You are a legend!!! :cheers:

And I don't mean a dodgy old mans Honda... :yes:

Hi mate, when i still had my V36 I had issues with the windows after I replaced a battery.

* push the buttons down to open the windows & hold this for about 5 seconds after the windows wind all the way down

* push the window buttons up to close the windows & keep holding the buttons for about 5 seconds after the windows wind all the way up

Let me know how you go

all good, happy to help. :)

For the record I'm not 100% sure if the method I use is the proper handbook method, I just went from memory on a trick a service manager showed me on a 2006 350z when I was working in car sales, but hey it works ahaha

I didn't have issues with my dash lights coming on... try resetting the ecu & see if that works

Mine was clicking the door central locking for no apparent reason after charging the battery up. It was clicking like pretty constantly but not actually locking or unlocking the door. Really weird. Anyway i disconnected the main drivers window control with the central locking button removed the circuit board and sprayed it with contact cleaner its been fine since.... Anybody know anything about this?

It was deff that circuit board as with it disconnected it stopped straight away. I could still lock and unlock the car with the key fob.

Let me know how you go

hmm i have this problem too but it doesnt work for me :( it goes down automatically but have to hold up to bring the window up. plus my window drops when the door is open. hmm

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Just an FYI, and to bump this for others. I had 2 problems with my passenger side electric window on my 2008 370HT

1. When I closed the door with the window up, it would actually leave the window open about 2 centimetres. I had to manually go over to the drivers side, and wind the window up/closed.

2. When I held the up for the passenger window (drivers side or passenger side control), the auto wind up did not function.

I found another thread on another site, and it suggested the same as above, but 10 seconds hold when down, winding up and holding while its at the highest for 10 seconds. I did these steps, and now both problems are resolved.:91_thumbsup:

• Like 1