SAU Community

Nulon Nationals Rd 2 - Wakefield Park Track Day...

34GeeTeeTee

Well with a bit of luck I'm ready to go for Friday, finished a quick tidy up of the car today and have the new tyres on. Its been run in, tuned, spanner checked, aligned and seems to run OK

Is everyone else ready to do?

Well with a bit of luck I'm ready to go for Friday, finished a quick tidy up of the car today and have the new tyres on. Its been run in, tuned, spanner checked, aligned and seems to run OK

Is everyone else ready to do?

Custom catch can is now all fitted and the brake pads have arrived, just gotta get them in and i should be right to go :yes:

Im waiting for my new front rotors, but have thrown in the new pads incase they dont arrive. cause to old ones look like this. :)

20140629_122737_zps48f83565.jpg

and this is what i pulled out of the gearbox

20140628_114754_zps6e04462c.jpg

but otherwise im on track :)

Haha well at least we suffered the same issues! I did 2 sets of pads and a gearbox :P

What pads do you run out of interest?

Ferodo DS3000s, they chew the hell out of the rotors though.

Edit - i mean before they backing plates were on the rotor!

Haha yeah was going to say the backing plates wouldn't have helped the rotors life :P

well at least you got good value from them.

If you are both chewing through pads you need something more aggressive. Hawk HT-60 are excellent track pads if you can get them in the size you need

I am trying out the Winmax pads from Brake Direct... The rears are a W5 which are similar to a DS3000 and the fronts are a W6 which are similar to a Club Racer from memory... Meant to be pretty aggressive for a standard sized pad! In saying that i still have them in the boxes and not in the car lol... I really should sort that out :P

got good life out of them, i think. i've had them in since 2012 and done maybe 5 trackdays a year. is that deemed acceptable?

that said, i wouldnt mind trying something else. although they are the right pads for my callipers i have to shave them down 2mm each to fit. very annoying..

got good life out of them, i think. i've had them in since 2012 and done maybe 5 trackdays a year. is that deemed acceptable?

that said, i wouldnt mind trying something else. although they are the right pads for my callipers i have to shave them down 2mm each to fit. very annoying..

I reckon that is a pretty bloody good stint ;) I went through 2 sets at Wakie lol

Brakes Direct have some good options and good advice, ask for Greg and see what he can do for ya?

I will most likely go bigger fronts when i can afford too...

Shit I better start putting Cheryl back together. She's in a million bits on the garage floor.

Lol talk about leaving things to the last minute! :P

Well with a bit of luck I'm ready to go for Friday, finished a quick tidy up of the car today and have the new tyres on. Its been run in, tuned, spanner checked, aligned and seems to run OKIs everyone else ready to do?

I'm hoping that means an easier Friday for me rather than fixing lots of things... Lol

Just got back from the dyno for the e85 upgrade and tune, may get their a bit early on Thursday as its open track day and do a few laps get use to the extra 45kw I have now, coil overs that need some setting up.