SAU Community

Timeframe For Compliance After Landing

torquetalker

Mate, I'm not far off too! Born in the 70's... My case is more complex. I sold my Aurion way to early. I didn't expect it to sell so quick! And my temporary car is a 94 Seca bomb... Try not to think about it... Or I'll raage!! Has yours been complied yet? Just waiting on compliance sticker?

• Like 1

My compliance was due 2 days before the Dotars Audit came down Marty.

I haven't learnt to be this patient since a fishing trip as a lad and not scoring even a nibble.

• Like 1

Same here. And these compliance workshops who run an honest living are being hit worse than us. Must be hard enough to make a living without the government wanting their hand in everyone's pie!

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is modified and they want me to revert to stock! Not sure why they are so strict .

Car has aftermarket body kitt .

I suspect it's because that's what the import laws require. Furthermore they have to destroy all aftermarket parts and retain proof of their destruction.

It is possible not all importers always follow the law though, there might be some bad apples out there.

• 4 months later...

3-4 months is a bit ridiculous, I remember my car taking about 6-8 weeks for the plate and I was quite annoyed with that lol. Admin fees and other charges would be dependent on the shop you're using. I'd say everyone is different.