SAU Community

180Sex Trackday Car- The Quest For Gtr Scalps!

• 1 month later...

So, had another trackday at SMSP. This time the north circuit. Had a great time with a group of mates.

Car overall was pretty good, and drove home from the day. I still think the car had more in it than I could get out. I really was stuffing up turn 2-3. So. I think there was a second to find going another 20m deeper into t1 (which is scary as fk getting down to the 100m marker), and putting t2-3 and the last complex together.

Couple of things to work on, car had a bit of a misfire when it gets hot. I think the intake temp is getting up late in the sessions. Second thing I need to start looking at coilovers as I think the teins have seen their day.

Couple of vids to come ;)

One of the sessions battling with the usual SAU suspects

I ended up 8th of 64 cars!

Ending up inspecting some tyre barriers nice and close. Really didn't enjoy hitting that kerb.

One of the sessions battling with the usual SAU suspects

I ended up 8th of 64 cars!

Ending up inspecting some tyre barriers nice and close. Really didn't enjoy hitting that kerb.

Cool stuff, looking at bit wide-eyed at the 0:38 mark in the 2nd vid :) What happened there, lost traction when jumping the kerb? It happens mad quickly when it happens eh

Cool stuff, looking at bit wide-eyed at the 0:38 mark in the 2nd vid :) What happened there, lost traction when jumping the kerb? It happens mad quickly when it happens eh

Yup, I went in too deep for a start so the car was unsettled, and even though I had hit that kerb with no issues before, this time it threw it quite sideways. By the time I straightened it, it was heading off to do some agricultural work.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So the car has gone back to live with its previous owner. Many happy memories in this car.

But, the next project is inbound, and it is a very serious step up in Motorsport. It's going to be eye opening.

• Like 1