SAU Community

R377 M-Spec R33 Gts-T Build

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2017 at 9:43 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

nice!!

going with the AO kit? or the kit from Z1 Motorsports

not sure what you mean Johnny ?

Done a couple of track days with 2008 old semi's.  Take 2 warm up laps, then i do 3 good laps.  Still not pushing it too far and with only usually 10psi boost...

aaasept.skylinemallala.jpg

5 hours ago, R377 said:

not sure what you mean Johnny ?

Referring to the caliper adapter kits.  Alpha Omega?

Good to see steady progress and sensible upgrades with your car.

Hopefully there's a proper diff centre on the horizon?  1.5 way at the very least, but don't be afraid to go with a 2 way.  Massive improvement when incorporated with a HICAS lock bar.

22 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Referring to the caliper adapter kits.  Alpha Omega?

Good to see steady progress and sensible upgrades with your car.

Hopefully there's a proper diff centre on the horizon?  1.5 way at the very least, but don't be afraid to go with a 2 way.  Massive improvement when incorporated with a HICAS lock bar.

Oh yes i forgot about that.  Johnny talked me into getting a proper lsd.  I went with a Nismo GT Pro 2-way.  Pricey but very good under load and under brakes

• Like 1

Will report on brakes very soon.  The front right locks up before the left.  Ive re-bleed brakes and even tried it on a left turn and the right still locks up and not the left ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 11:52 AM, ActionDan said:

Check your:

Ride height at each corner - uneven heights = uneven corner weights and more likely to lock one side. 

Toe/Camber - Less tyre contact patch = more lock up. 

thanks for that, i didn't even think about that.  I think one side of the car is slightly higher with the coilovers

On 11/8/2017 at 8:18 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Oooo I see Intima pads :)

How do you find the Type-D?

I can't really say as i went from stock brakes with qfm pads to evo's 350mm front and rear with intima d - type track pads. It would the equivalent of dicking Margaret Thatcher to dicking Jennifer Hawkins....

Evo brakes are just soo good i got travel sick with them !!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just did a compression test - all cylinders were 150-160 which i am well happy with...

reference service. 14mm sump plug.  16mm spark plug. plug 4 is a bit tricky to get to, have to remove a 10mm bolt to get the right angle on it

NGK 7121     BCPR6ES-11 plugs

• 1 month later...

Looking around for new tyres - Nankang AR-1 looks to be popular.  They only do a 295 or a 265 tyre for the rear.  I pulled the hell out of my rear guard and tried on a 295 with my 10+38.  It just fit inside by about 7-8mm with about 2 degrees of rear camber and i had about 12-15mm on the outside :) I dumped my car, now on big bumps and driveway the inside of the back rim scrapes on the inside.

I was thinking of going a 10.5 wheel.  They make a +35 offset in a 10.5 wheel. It will sit 3mm inside and 9mm outside.  I am not too sure about this. Would need a 5mm spacer and that would take it to 14mm wider to not make it scrape.  Either that or pull the ride height up....hmm. Maybe ill have to play around with the tyre calculator

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=295-30-18X10ET38&wheel2=295-30-18X10.5ET35&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

going from 10+38 to a 10.5 +35 with the 295 tyre i tried on, the wheel is 3mm closer and will stick out 9mm further, the tyre. Tyre will stick out 3mm further which would be ok.

To run a 5mm spacer on that 10.5 wheel

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=295-30-18X10ET38&wheel2=295-30-18X10.5ET30&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

wheel will sit out 14mm further and tyre would stick out 8mm further...That would be good, the wheel would sit more flush with the guard.

So i might need to look for a lightweight wheel that is 10.5 +30 to +35 offset ? any suggestions ? im looking at the new enkei rs05rr but i would need to run a 5mm spacer with that at a minimum

With the fronts they do a 245/40 which is a balloon but they do a 255/35 which sat nice and low profile.  I have a 9.5 +15 with 235 on the front with -3 camber and it does touch the guard but i haven't got stuck into pulling the guard out yet.

I was wondering if i could fit a +22 to +25 wheel with a 255 tyre on the front ? There is about 25mm on the inside but i haven't turned the wheel yet.  Wondering if i could fit a 255 and still be low ?

• 1 month later...