SAU Community

R377 M-Spec R33 Gts-T Build

Just starting to do a few track days.  My track has 3 long straights followed by hairpins so i dont' wanna be diff locking all time.

With the heel and toe technique -  Ive got a r33 gts-t with evo brembo front and rear.  The brakes are so good, it only takes a light touch at the top to get it to stop.  My accelerator pedal is much lower down than the brake so im having big problems with heel and toe to downchange gears (im not even getting it close)

I was going to put a layer or two on the accelerator pedal to try and the get the same sort of height, but even with this the brakes are heaps sensitive.

Any suggestions ?

thanks

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Tried some new plugs as old ones were fouling just moving the car out of the garage ....

NGK   BC PR from factory come 0.9 gap, need to get them to 0.7 with a gap tool.

ngk 1269     bcpr6e

can just bend on the outside

• Like 1

With new oil cooler it takes 20-30 minutes of idling to get the gauge to move.  Even at the track it takes a while and is always super low temps.  I installed it low and air flow, ive now had to put cardboard across the front to try and keep some heat in - just gets so cool so quickly.

15-60 for race oil and tracking is not necessary now, just regular 15-40 Nulon is fine.  Even with the oil cooler 4.75 L of oil is needed to fill up.

Edited by R377
  • Like 2

I had similar with my 25row cooler, to the point where I was kinda concerned about the oil never getting hot enough... ever. It was perpetually under 100C _without_ the cooler and most of the RB life driving around was like 65C...

Mine is now behind an indicator which is nice enough to remove/add for the track (in a R34). but yeah, it overcooling is something that happens on the road..

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, Kinkstaah said:

I had similar with my 25row cooler, to the point where I was kinda concerned about the oil never getting hot enough... ever. It was perpetually under 100C _without_ the cooler and most of the RB life driving around was like 65C...

Mine is now behind an indicator which is nice enough to remove/add for the track (in a R34). but yeah, it overcooling is something that happens on the road..

thanks for the read and reply, something you don't realise till after you have installed it !

• Like 1