SAU Community

Evo 6 Turbo On A Evo 7 ? 10.5T Vs 9.8T Vs 9.0T?

Deza3000

Great! A new section for go-carts. :P

I will start a build thread soon Deza, I just need to get the pics together. For a 7 grand buy 2 years ago it has come a long way. I only drove it for the first time last week. :)

Vehicle specific discussion. ^^

I am picking my 7 up today finally, from the engine builder/mech. Still a lot to do, shame it was pinging on the dyno due to leftover old 98 in the tank. Back there soon with 1400cc injectors, Walbro 460 and a belly full of e85. ;)

Will post up a thread later hopefully, if I get time.

• Like 1

Built by Barry at Edge motorworks. Top bloke, and has built many strong engines over the years. It's an 800hp Manley 2.3 kit, Hypergear custom billet SS2 with reverse rotation, HKS cams etc. Should make good power, just not yet. Its rough tuned on 8psi at the moment, but we will see what it makes once a few goodies are fitted and I fab an exhaust for it.

Yep, that's mine.

I bought it cheap, with a blown engine, number one piston was hitting the head.

I was hoping to turn it into my track biach, as the Stagea auto box hates the track. There is a set of AO48's in the shed waiting to go on it. :)

Niceeee man, i like the color, havent seen a yellow evo 7 before, good find.

Evos are awesome on the track, you can easily chuck it in a corner and stomp the throttle hahaha :P Not sure how it would cope with a 2.3l stroker pushing 350-380AWKW. Max ive driven was 200aw )))):
Pretty decent tyres, might need to get a good set of coilovers and brakes to go with that . Dominate the track.

Waitttttt, blown engine?...sounds familiar.. Are you by any chance the same bloke who lent your old turbo core to one of your mates? Reason i ask is because I remember my mate David bringing me a Turbo core from his mate who was building an evo with a blown motor. That mate might have been you hahaha. My turbo was fried so he went and picked one up