SAU Community

Nulon Nationals Round 3 - Final Drag Battle!

34GeeTeeTee

NULON NATIONALS - ROUND 3 - DRAG BATTLE

Corporate-Logo-White-background-national

Ok guys, for those of you that are unaware SAU has been competing in the 3 round club vs club challenge that Nulon has been kind enough to put on for us. Nulon has been looking after car clubs by not only running these events but also sponsoring each driver with the entry fees, merchanidise and even their product. The rounds consisted of -

Hillclimb - Buladelah

Track battle - Wakefield Park

Drag battle - Cootamundra Airport

If you have attended one of the previous events or are planning on spectating at this event (details at the bottom of this thread) please make sure you thank the Nulon team for allowing our club to be a part of this awesome event, also keep an eye out for the man that made all this happen "Chris Dawe" and make sure you buy him a beer to say thanks!

Head over too - http://www.nulon.com.au/ or give them a like on Facebook!!!

SAU has attended the first 2 events so far and are currently sitting in second place on the overall points score -

1st place : Evolution Oz - 364 - points
2nd Place: Skylines Australia SAU - NSW - 322 points
3rd Place: BYP Racing and Developments - 288 points
4th Place: HSV Owners Club -237 Points
5th Place : MX-5 Club of NSW - 212 Points
6th Place: Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ Drivers Club - 209 Points
7th Place: Australian Ford Forums - 87 Points
Unfortunately for us we had bad weather at the hillclimb and not many runs so we came out 6th at that event, we clawed our way back to second after taking out the round win at Wakefield Park. Now it is time for the 3rd and final round and with double points on the table we figured we better step it up a notch.
With the removal of the rule where cars had to back up after the previous round we decided to send down a dedicated team of some of the toughest Nissans we have to offer, with the help of our Team Captain for this round Kat (GTRkat) we present the following team members -
Team Captain - Kat
KatR32_zpse0c30a55.jpg
Car: R32 GTR 2.7L
Power: 550 awkw
1/4 mile: TBA
User name: GTRKat
Team member - Ninos
Ninos180_zpsf68cb87a.jpg
Car: 180SX
Power: 560kw
1/4 mile: Drag battle 10.8 @144mph
WSID 9.0 @ 148mph
User name: RPSS13
Team member - Dom
DomR34_zps245f87e5.jpg
Car: R34 GTR RB26 (2,600cc)
Power: 750 awkw
User name: GTR1000
Team member - Mark
MarkS13_zps70eefe52.jpg
Car: Nissan S13 Silvia , SR22VET
Power: TBA
1/4 mile: WSID [email protected] 2 1.6 60ft
Drag battle , 10.9 @ 137mph
User name: Datsxy 1600
Team member - Tyrie
TyrieS13_zps1eb0da93.jpg
Car: S13 Silvia, Lexus 1UZFE engine
Power: Was 320rwkw but currently undergoing upgrades for the event.
User name: FJ 720
And Lastly our Reserve for the team will be Andrew Hawkins in the budget supercar -
AndrewR32_zps66d64aca.jpg
Car: RB26 – Budget super car!
Power: High 300s.
1/4 mile: 11.1
User name: Jet200
Andrew has been a big part in making this all happen too and had made up a quick teaser video of what to expect at the Drag Battle -
Make sure you also check out Motive DVD for more track action... http://motivedvd.com/motive/ or find them on Facebook.
Some of the highlights from Round 2 can also be found here -
Details for the event -
NULON NATIONALS ROUND 3 -
Venue - Cootamundra Airport
Date - 20 September 2014
Extra Info -
Saturday 20th of September @8:00am
  • 500M confirmed distance
  • Points for top speed at the 500m mark
  • Points for E.T at 500M mark.
  • We will also have a E.T @ 400M so you can have some bragging rights at home
  • 5 car teams plus 1 reserve (will get track time)
  • Run what you bring, there will be no classes in the points
  • We will have class awards (fastest FWD, RWD, NA, 4cly, 6cyl, Fastest car from each club will also get an award)
  • Each car entering the event will walk away with Products
  • Winning club gets Automatic entry into next years event ( going to be bigger and better)
  • Saturday night awards night held at the Cootamundra central pub
  • There will be prizes and awards handed out at every pub in town during our pub crawl (keep up)
  • I am tracking down a big spit roast for lunch during the event as there will be no food at the airport
  • BBQ`s and eskys are no problems to setup
  • NO FULL SLICKS, NO METH FUEL, don’t bring your mates 6 second rail car…
  • Morning will be solo runs to get used to the distance
  • Arvo will be side by side racing, pick your battles early
Guys come support your team as you have in the past rounds. We have had a great time so far and would like to finish strong so we need all the support we can get.
I would also like to thank all of our SAU members that have competed in and supported the event so far, its been a hell of a lot of fun!
Oh and lastly... What better way to finish off a 3 series round???
:woot: :woot: :woot: AFTERPARTY!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:
For details on this you need to get on Facebook and like the Nulon Nationals page, then join the Afterparty event! Lets just say it involves the guys at Jack Daniels :yes:
Once again a MASSIVE thanks to Nulon for this event and their support with SAU. If you have any oil needs feel free to give them a yell as they are more than happy to look after club members.
Corporate-Logo-White-background-national
  • Like 1

KillerKat and a TopNotch team of GoHards

hats off to all participants in all rounds

I haven't participated :/ but you make us all proud for forming SAU team/s and having a good go

:cheers:

Cheers mate! We gave it a good crack... Time to step aside and let these guys have a go :yes:

I personally had an awesome time in the first 2 events!! Lets hope we can take the win and get an invite back next year!!

With my entry in the club day, I won't be able to support in person. But bet your arse I'll be following developments!!!

And just saying, go the 13s!!!!!!!! SR poweh yissss!

I like that they limited the distance to 500k to give the emos a chance.

Also, what is the surface going be like?

I remember Goulburn surface at sau nats and 2nd lack of hook ups.

I missed these events altogether, I to would like to come down for a watch but with the club day on that Monday I'll need to be under the car that weekend :(

Good luck to all that are competing and show what the nissans can do :)

How does 1 get an invite to compete in these events, would like a crack at it next year if possible :D

I'll be there to cheer you guys on since its my home town, I might try to drag a couple of mates along

let me know if you need an extra reserve car, though you will need to push my tractor over the line, or tow it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only a few days to go!

I'm stocked up essentials including spark plugs and all ready! Just need to give the car a tub and get some fresh fuel on Friday.

I've been talking to the guys and everyone is busy getting ready! :D

Going to be awesome!

• Like 1