SAU Community

My Rx7 S8 Track Car Build

I always wanted an RX7, but was to expensive/impractical when I was 18. Skyline has done well, but part of me still wants an RX7.

Look forward to seeing how this goes :)

• Like 1

Nice to meet you to Mick!!!

yeah I got caught in the act of buying all this.......... cos racecar!!!

and thought it might be an idea to buy a surge tank whilst I was getting other bits and pieces.

lets just say I'll be eating cardboard for the next few weeks!!!

hopefully have almost sorted out the boost issues will finish putting in the new solenoids tomorrow and test her out!!! :)

post-83704-0-49827800-1409385002_thumb.jpg

do it once do it right :)

2 ltr surge tank with the option to later fit another Bosch 044.

Because one isn't noisy enough!

Coming along well!

Any luck with the solenoids?

ended up replacing the whole blackbox of 7 solenoids and 2 green solenoids as one was brittle and broke and I now have pressure in the vacuum system!!! but I'm still not getting secondary boost so first point of call is to check I'm getting vacuum in the vacuum system (separate from the pressure side of the vacuum system)

The system is so complex its a challenge to get my head around it.
The turbo control solenoid uses both vacuum and pressure to operate properly, if not then it wont transition effectively. so I need to see if the "charge control actuator" and the "turbo control actuator" are moving then it means I have vacuum and the solenoid is faulty. The charge control solenoid was in the blackbox so that should be fine! so if that's working correctly I'll see the "double throttle control" actuator moving also.

so much to check and make sure its operating correctly but I'm happy I'm getting on top of it!!!

here are a couple of pic's to show the head f*ck LOL

post-83704-0-21353800-1409480188_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-35521500-1409480226_thumb.png

• Like 1

That's the thing Brett apparently a twin turbo FD with 280kw will blow any single turbo FD away even if it has 400+kw and some guys are pushing 345kw (537nm @ 5200rpm) out of the twins.

So if I get all the vacuum system and solenoids replaced which I'm over halfway already with fault finding then it'll be good for another 12-15years (and with a vented bonnet maybe longer as there isn't as much heat in the engine bay.)

You hear so many different stories and people are trying to push there own parts ETC but apparently all the FD race stuff ie: Spirit R or Bathurst R are the best items with the least problems but then some guys swear by the single turbo setups.

Its hard to know what's right or wrong so it comes down to personal preference I guess.