SAU Community

My Rx7 S8 Track Car Build

Took the car for another drive today to rack up a few more Km's with the SAU crew, went up the Bells Line of Rd and down to Megalong Valley the car is feeling great!!!

cant wait for pic's to be posted either!!! and I'll update.

so all is good for the trackday tomorrow at SMSP South Circuit!!!

• Like 2

well I've got a few things to do after its shake down at SMSP.

need to find this damn oil leak wasn't the sump, doesn't appear to be the turbo oil drain on the block so it's got to be a bit higher.

also need to re-bleed the brakes the pedal dropped a fraction.

on the drive home could hear a bit of a rattle in the arse end sounds like something needs tightening.

need to find out why the speedo stopped working after the g'box reinstall

also I had a bit of tyre rubbing but it wasn't on the outer lips of the rear guards so have to check that out too

and whilst I'm dropping the oil as I'm sure its cactus even though it still looks clean and smells alright, im going to setup my twin oil coolers that I never had time to fit.

hopefully I can make a setup looking something like this....... also going to remove the aircon condenser etc and see if it's worth making some better ducting for the air box.

and another thing to do is enclose the surge tank I'm thinking more of a Perspex shield from the back of where the back seat used to be to the roof so it's still easy excess if there's a problem just by opening the rear hatch/boot.

post-83704-0-29784000-1411546941_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well its been a long time since I done any updates but she's up and running again but still chasing down a oil leak I'm hoping its not a faulty second hand turbo!!!

I've fitted and plumbed up the oil coolers and duct's

removed the air con pump and fitted a smaller belt.

had to fit new headlights to clear the oil coolers,

relocated the battery to the passengers side back seat.

and fitted a bunch of gauges as well!!! Didn't like the look of the RE Amemiya carbon gauge cluster so I painted it in a plastic textured paint instead.

also replaced the turbo with a second hand one and fitted my 3" dump pipe.

post-83704-0-69062400-1420523161_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-75980900-1420523250_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-07088100-1420523256_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-27046400-1420523263_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-34280400-1420523271_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-13216100-1420523284_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-67710700-1420523290_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-56436200-1420523307_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-87143500-1420523314_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-90087300-1420523321_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-58264100-1420523326_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-99876000-1420523332_thumb.jpg

with the oil coolers in place the pop ups don't fit anymore :( as you can see in the 2nd & 4th photo that the oil lines only just clear the headlights I've put in.

I don't really like the look of them either but they suit the need and once rego runs out I will be using them as the air ducts for the air box.

this car used to be white but it had a respray back in Japan, another reason why I was able to get it cheaper :) don't mind the yellow now but it wouldn't have been my first choice either. the yellow is actually a rare colour though!

• Like 1