SAU Community

Innovate Motorsport Scg-1 Ebc And Wideband Kit

XGTRX

Hey people, just wondering if anyone has used this product: SCG-1: Solenoid Boost Controller w/Wideband Gauge Kit (ALL-IN-ONE) - P/N: 3882

Link:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16351&cat=276&page=1

It says:

The Innovate Motorsports SCG-1 is a revolutionary approach to boost control that integrates an advanced standalone boost controller with Innovate’s industry leading DirectDigital™ wideband air fuel ratio technology. When we decided to build a boost controller, we knew we had to offer more capabilities than other products available today, while still maintaining the user friendly functionality demanded by our customers. Instead of repackaging the same boost control technology that has been used for decades, we choose to pair our advanced O² sensor control technology with our all-new, proprietary solenoid control that provides superior boost control accuracy, response and safety. We also added a user programmable shift light and housed the entire package in a compact gauge body for ease of installation and use.

Looks like a decent product.

post-89815-14090529171278_thumb.jpg

Wasn't there another thread about this only a few days ago?

Either way, it seems like a product for those with limited space, not a killer product in its own right. The marketting waffle about smurshing the boost control in with the wideband has got nothing to do with improving boost control. They are completely separate functions jammed into one housing. I'm sure the solenoid control is no different to any other EBC out there.

Digital gauges can eat a dick too. Analogue needles are much easier to see. Plus, if this thing has a shift light, plus alarm lights for overboost and possibly AFR all in the same location, that's not particularly ergonomic either.

Apart from all that, I like it.

• Like 1

Convenient. But I could implement it with pretty much any decent wideband controller and the Profec I have now. Profec has remote switching input to toggle low boost setting.

Yeah true, But I havent got a ebc or wideband so I suppose its killing 2 birds with one stone, plus I could connect the 5V output to the ecu to tell it to apply the limitter and add fuel if a lean situation occurred. Just thinking out aloud. For about $450 I think its good value. Be nice if it had an analogue gauge though.

Any negatives you guys can see?

Edited by XGTRX

Yeah true, But I havent got a ebc or wideband so I suppose its killing 2 birds with one stone, plus I could connect the 5V output to the ecu to tell it to apply the limitter and add fuel if a lean situation occurred. Just thinking out aloud. For about $450 I think its good value. Be nice if it had an analogue gauge though.

Any negatives you guys can see?

On that basis it's a good looking tool.

I like the Plex one more, but even I have to admit that I wouldn't want or need 80% of what it can do.

And at $1300 for the Plex its hardly good value for the money, I looked at it but my ECU can do most if not all of what the Plex can do I just have to get the touch sceen and sensors then set it up

I like the progressive shift lights better as they give you warning to get ready to shift instead of seeing the light and going a few hunderd RPM past your shift point, when you have a car that will snap a speedo in a second flat its good to see it coming, lol

Agreed, progressive or dual stage are better. I have mine coming in green at 500rpm under and then a red at the shift point which is 500 rpm under the limiter.

Here is a video on the abovementioned unit.

Innovate Motorsports SCG-1 Electronic Boost Contr…:

Well I have ordered the unit. I thought it was good value for money for what it does, solenoid is on par with other reliable brands. So I will do a little write up of the install for anyone who is interested and let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a probe for each cylinder, as if one cylinders leaning out, the average 02 that the wideband gives may not show any issues occurring, or maybe that's going to far?

If you have a vacuum leak or a aftermarket plenum, you could have a cylinder that is overly rich or lean. Don't some tuners add extra fuel for the rear hotter cylinders ?

I agree, if you were on petrol anyway. Ethanol, who cares if it leans out a little. :P

Widebands don't read accurately in a pressurised environment as I found out the hard way, so don't ever put them in the manifold. You would need temp probes in each runner , then a wideband in the front pipe. (not that anyone could afford 6 wideband sensors, even two would be overkill.)

Don't you have to run these Bosch sensors in the collector just before the cat or they are inaccurate. I think they need to be at least 20cm from the turbo. I will probably weld the bung in the collector, could have one in each front pipe as XKLABA suggested. Might see if I can use the shift light as a lean warning light too. See how I go.

Edited by XGTRX

Depends on the quality of the O2 sensor, I am looking at two HTK L2H2s to put in the factory locations ( mostly because my ECU comes calibrated for them )

Cheaper O2 sensors would shit themselves pretty quick in that location, but the closer you can get to the turbo the more accurate/responsive the O2 signal is

I hardly think response time would change being closer, or accuracy for that matter.

If that was the case the dyno o2 sensor in the tailpipe would be virtually unusable.

Edited by Ben C34

I wonder why then nissan decided to get top quality sensor and put one straight out of each turbo instead of just one infront of the cat

My tuner has told me closer to the turbo the better and so has the people at Syvecs where I got the ECU from

I wonder why then nissan decided to get top quality sensor and put one straight out of each turbo instead of just one infront of the cat

My tuner has told me closer to the turbo the better and so has the people at Syvecs where I got the ECU from

Because it's a different type of sensor.....