SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

3 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

I think that's for off-road (i.e. track days, gymkhana, drag nights, etc.).

Just the wording, drive day or similar organised event?

They already mentioned these were not covered, race, rally, trial, test or contest and track ?

Maybe the next member that calls for a quote can ask the question, worth asking.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else have issues with incorrect make/model/year showing on CTP/insurance?

The car is registered as a "2008 Blue Nissan Sedan Sedan" , im assuming this is due to the compliance date? I know the car arrived in 2008. 

This then causes CTP to grab the info from the RMS and it has decided that i own a 2008 Blue Nissan G37 Coupe lol however my VVC insurance is for a 2000 Nissan Skyline.

NRMA rep said it shouldn't be a problem as long as the VIN numbers match but they initially seemed worried followed by confused as it is an import. So i am not too confident in "what the person on the phone said" 

Thoughts?

Here's another question for you all. 

In the PDF it states:

We don’t provide cover if these applied to your vehicle when the incident happened
 • your vehicle was not in good order and repair because it had any unrepaired damage, or
• your vehicle was not in a condition that met the registration requirements in your State or Territory unless you have told us and we have agreed to cover your vehicle.

So, if they've acknowledged that it has illegal mods (upgraded brakes, loud exhaust), and have written that down and still agreed to cover you, then you should be covered for if you have an at fault accident.

Then further down it states: 

We don’t cover:
• tyre damage caused by road cuts, punctures, bursts or braking (except if there is loss or damage to other parts of your vehicle)
• loss or damage to illegal modifications on your vehicle – for example, those not permitted by law in your State or Territory

So what I've taken from that is, if you have bigger Alcon/AP brakes, and they agree to cover you on that basis. They WILL cover you if you ram up the back of a Mercedes, but will replace the brakes with whatever the car came with factory (assuming the car is repairable).

The lady on the phone also said you are covered if you have upgraded brakes that are not engineered, as long as they can be deemed working. 

On 1/7/2017 at 1:00 PM, Borci88 said:

I have a 33 GTR highly modified, and they agreed to cover it for 44k, with a $701 dollar premium. 

im pretty surprised at that, considering your age, the cars age and the mods. I tried 2 years ago and they told me to f**k off (with both cars). Maybe I'll have to try again... or maybe its because they're getting so many GTR owners

1 minute ago, Leroy Peterson said:

im pretty surprised at that, considering your age, the cars age and the mods. I tried 2 years ago and they told me to f**k off (with both cars). Maybe I'll have to try again... or maybe its because they're getting so many GTR owners

You reckon? I'm not old by any standards, but as Terry said a clean original VSpec2 is going for 44k max ceiling, and mines HEAVILY modified now.  Definitely try again, they said they've had a lot more skylines sign up recently. Probably due to this thread. 

I just received my renewal

It tells my I am still 9000 klms s PA, not 10 times a month. To me this is the best way to do it.

I wonder if this is because when I took the policy out it was 9000klm PA at that time and they are sticking with the original policy ??

8 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Mine updated to 10 times a month when I renewed a couple of months ago.

Hi Ravi

I looked at page 4 on my policy, it said under important changes ;,  pay by the month payment option is available and Drive your vehicle up to 9000klm per month

BUT, it did say on page 2 " I Missed" 10 times a month ??

I am confused, maybe the 10 times a month would allow you to drive as far as you liked but only 10 times a month, you could do 500klm a trip  X 10 =5000klm PM = 60000klm PA and they want you to be under 9000klms a month ?????

I need to talk to them about my policy and I will ask them about this, trouble is, it depends who you speak to there, one person will say one thing and call back and talk to someone else and it changes, lol

5 hours ago, r32-25t said:

It's 9000 a year not a month

Whoops , that was a typo. I knew it was 9000 a year , that was what it was with my first policy.

But the 10 times a month does not make any sense , it is unenforceable , how can it be policed ??

9000 PA at least you could go off the odometer . 

A log book might help. :)

But a log book is about as good as the bloke that enters the info , lol

10 times a month is pretty good, better in some ways than the 9000 PA and you can drive further.

A lot of things are not clear, recreational  purpose , that is open to interpretation . I like this one, "an activity that diverts or amuses or stimulates" a skyline can do that every day, well 10 days a month, lol

How is any of it enforceable??? You're not required to have a log book, they do not record your odometer, they do not ask you to inform them of every trip. It is an HONESTY system. If everyone keeps to the rules your premiums SHOULD stay the same, break the rules and drive more, and more accidents will happen = everyones premiums will rise. There's not really anything more to the 10 times / 9000km rule.

• Like 1

I know it's not required but it's my choice to have a log book and a bunch of people on an Internet forum won't be what makes me change my mind.

I like the idea of having proof that I'm abiding by the rules, because I have put a lot of time, Money and effort into this car and won't be losing due to a technicality 

• Like 1

Brett, I doubt this bunch of people are trying to change your mind or really care if you keep a log book or not, that is your choice and probably better than not doing it.

We are discussing the policy, I think it would be easier for NRMA to have a yearly odometer reading before they renew the policy. But I am sure if E.Lee could wind the odometer back the dishonest policy holder could as well but it would be harder for most people than having a page with 1 - 10 dates stating when I drove the car each month.

I drive mine usually on the weekends since I took this policy out,  so it makes it easy to do the 10 times a month .