SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

Yep as Peter said, you can choose to keep a log book for your peace of mind that's totally fine. I'm just saying NRMA are relying on their customers to be honest, otherwise they would be writing down all this stuff, or keeping their own log books on every one of their customers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2016 at 2:50 PM, Aqua said:

Ok, so I have decided to make the switch from LSV to NRMA VVC

Instead of the first quote of $75,000 agreed value and $1,080 Premium,

after listing all my mods, I have brought it up to $80,000 agreed value.

$1,130 Premium and $1,000 Excess.

Slightly cheaper than LSV but insured for alot more :smile:

Hi all, just renew-ed my policy so FYI:

NRMA VVC renewal letter came in with $972 premium and everything else e.g. agreed value and excess being the same as last year. Pretty delighted the premium actually went down!

However I gave them a call and increased the agreed value to $110,000, with $1,000 excess and $1,490 Premium.
Note:
1) With premium over $100k, the excess has to be $1k, no more or no less.
2) Apparently there's an endorsement from the underwriter - they will not insure a car over $100k value if the driver is under 30 years of age. The lady from NRMA VVC has waived this for me though.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, drifter007 said:

I inquired about insuring a r33 GTST and nrma vintage said that they no longer consider it a collectible car and aren't willing to insure it. Any other alternatives, i dont want to pay 2k+ on insurance...

wow... dafaq!!

I just renewed mine a few months back. hope I can do it again this year

36 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

wow... dafaq!!

I just renewed mine a few months back. hope I can do it again this year

Yeah, so devo. They said the change was made only a few days ago but i'm not sure how true that is...

Who were you with prior to NRMA?

Yeh, seems to be dependent on who you get. Maybe the news hadn't filtered through to some of their staff.

Hopefully if it was insured previously, they will maintain the insurance.

Here in vic and currently with RACV, insurance is due and comes up to $1,650 for a 96 r33 vspec. Tried to get insurance with shannons last year but because it was my first year on full license they said come back next year. So renewal is up and Shannons basically matched the premium and set the agreed value at 30k. Gave RACV a ring to see if they could match the agreed value and they said nope max 25k for the 33 vspec, despite the fact agreed value for a  33 gtr non vspec can go up to 35k (did this by accident when i was checking agreed value limits online but clicked the wrong model).    

If your R33 is not your daily and is garaged, get VVC.

No under 25, if this person has only had their full licence for 12months.
Got told the same thing by RACV and lumleys. Shannons also knocked me back until I was 24 due to having driver training and cams licence (min was 25 at the time)

They didn't have any age restriction, i think Shannons didn't like that i was coming from a 2l subaru to a gtr, racv didn't even bat an eye lid. I do take it to work one or twice a week so vvc was out of the question for now. Think i'll just change to shannons for the higher agreed value. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Im not sure about age restrictions, but this will be my third year under vvc and im 22 with a 1990 r32 gtr. 

Renewal came in at $350, insured for $25,000

I decided to up the agreed value to $40,000 for $447 per year.

No questions even asked, they just wanted to confirm my mods list.

• Like 3