SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

4 hours ago, Birds said:

Get a lock up garage?

Insanity with an R34 GTR!! I assume you have off street or hidden parking at least?

I have a completely gated property but Shannons says because car is still visible from the street it's uninsurable for them 

just insured my S15; surprisingly through VVC........though it's costing me more per year than my GTR valued at more than double the agreed value :-/

So i went on to say i'm guessing my GTR policy once up for renewal will skyrocket..................without confirming she did say that many things had changed in the last 6-12 months :down:

What's the latest in the best insurer for 34Rs? 

My policy is up for renewal with Shannons, they want to drop the value on the policy to 72k, I think I would really struggle to replace it for that. 

Premium is $1363 currently, but will go up if I get my way and we revalue the car a bit higher. 

• Sad 1

On 10/5/2017 at 8:08 PM, Birds said:

Same thing happened with club rego and RWC in Vic.

Some twits made their own car clubs just for cheap rego and no roadworthy / pink slip required, as it was up to the club to deem it roadworthy...started driving their highly modified and race cars on the road so the cops and Vicroads put a stop to it.

Yes, and in Qld too I'm afraid.
Ah well, Mercury is out of the picture now - unless they play phoenix

On 10/20/2017 at 10:00 AM, ActionDan said:

What's the latest in the best insurer for 34Rs? 

My policy is up for renewal with Shannons, they want to drop the value on the policy to 72k, I think I would really struggle to replace it for that. 

Premium is $1363 currently, but will go up if I get my way and we revalue the car a bit higher. 

Last I heard from @GTR-N1 on facebook is that NRMA aren't taking any new policies currently as they're reviewing their policies. Is your car a V-Spec or Non V-Spec? 

I had a go an shannons because when i tried to insure with them they effectively gave me a dick to the face.

25k, highest i could go with my mods was 30k. Wanted $2000 a year.

I recently got my renewal.  Price had doubled.  NRMA apologised and advised there is some communication coming but didn’t get out in time for the price changes...