SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

1 hour ago, choyda said:

I recently got my renewal.  Price had doubled.  NRMA apologised and advised there is some communication coming but didn’t get out in time for the price changes... 

Ok they called back and have adjusted the price closer to what I was paying so I’m less concerned now

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 12:16 PM, ShortCircuit said:

Last I heard from @GTR-N1 on facebook is that NRMA aren't taking any new policies currently as they're reviewing their policies. Is your car a V-Spec or Non V-Spec? 

Yes, no new policies.

One fellah told me yesterday that he was able to renew an existing policy, but get this, he wasn't able to get a new policy on another GT-R.

• Like 2

really disappointing. I would happily take the GTR into NRMA each year so they can personally verify the KMs and condition every year on renewal. The truth is i drive my car probably less than 30 times a year. Probably averaging about 12 times a year at this stage, i really only have it there for theft. It's a shame the system has been set up so people could abuse it, and some did, ruining it for the genuine ones. 

5 hours ago, ActionDan said:

What did I miss? How are people rorting the system? 

Intentionally writing cars off? 

Some things just never change. But basically they insure the car, after a couple of months they say it has been stolen (but really kept at a mates place). After the investigation is concluded they get a pay out and have a full car to strip and sell the parts etc.

So if they bought it even two years ago for say 70-80k, they could have insured them for 100k + parts, so the margin is there for them to do it. Sad but true I remember this happening with the 33gts-t's when everybody was importing them and they had them insured for a big amount.

2 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I hadn't even considered that 0_0

Who has a shed for me to park my car lol

Yes I am kidding, don't PM you dodgy f**kers. 

You haven't been asked yet? Hahaha I've been asked quite a few times out of nowhere. But yea minority ruin it for the majority sadly

haha sadly nothing like that - this was a product of me going to some meets and a shop for a tune. Conversations start of like normal, whats done to it, plans etc nek minit hey do you want to make some money and give the above proposition lol

I just got my car revalued by both Famous and Shannons. 

Famous were happy to review the documents (theres almost 100) and my online presence for the car. They valued it at 70k with a $1500 annual fee.

Shannons would not re-value the car without a whole bunch of specific pictures and details, that I couldn't be bothered completing. I ended up taking the car to them so they could see the car in person. 
Once I was there it wasn't an issue and they immediately agreed to 80k value. They are much more expensive ($2800 per year) but I don't mind, i'm in it for the agreed value. Truth is I can't replicate the car and the modifications for 80k. But at a least that value would get me a clean one landed and in my driveway. 

I'm lazy... and i'm 31.

It's for the R33 LM Limited that i bought a while back.  It was the one that nearly got stolen on day 1. So I still have to wait another full year before my 65% discount applies. :(

• Like 1