SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

No, just well off, they may have worked hard for it, they may have had it handed to them, but money does have a tendency of bringing out the asshole in some people.

If I know people who have drug money, I'm not aware of it, I don't tend to run in those circles like Milan ;)

I lived in an area where no one had money and that can also bring out the worst in some people. But no insurance fraud,  no one had any type of insurance , we had nothing to insure LOL. No other types of insurance fraud like slipping over in a shop, might say , can I call you a cab ? , well if they had a phone and that was highly unlikely,  haha

I think most people with money are less likely to rip you off, this does not include people that are trying to get as much money as they can get and whatever they get is still not enough.

Some groups seem to have specialized scams to rip off the system, staged accidents, stolen cars,  all types of insurance fraud , unemployment  and family benefit payments and this includes some families that have not had job for 2 + generations , 2 or more wives. These are the arseholes that make all of types of  insurance go through the roof.

The honest people pay for them to do it  , because the insurance companies won't take a loss for long , they just pass it along to us and Centrelink has no money apart from our taxes , so taxes go up :( 

I was just about to up my insurance cover from $65k to whatever , but I guess I will put a bollard in my garage behind the 34 so it makes it harder to knock it off  :/ 

3 hours ago, ActionDan said:

No, just well off, they may have worked hard for it, they may have had it handed to them, but money does have a tendency of bringing out the asshole in some people.

If I know people who have drug money, I'm not aware of it, I don't tend to run in those circles like Milan ;)

I lol'ed 

2 hours ago, ActionDan said:

You can leave it in my shed if you want. premiums will be lower as I'm in a lower risk area ;)

I'll even give it a run from time to time for you.

hahaha, probably come back as a block of crushed metal :660_skull_crossbones:

In getting a new Plazmaman  intercooler and tossed the old one in the bin

I am in a low risk area and being a geriatric also helps , lol

But doing vidz and skidz is a sure way to have someone else use their crusher :(

I was thinking of calling the VVC but decided to wait until the new year and see what happens when mine is up for renewal in January , this is my 3rd year with them, so ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ActionDan said:

I'm finding the whole balance of GT-R ownership a bit skewed honestly. 

How long I keep it remains to be seen. 

you've been saying this for years now. Go away. Give me the GTR.

Just rang NRMA classic trying to insure my car ive got clean record and 34years old and without even getting into any mods or anything i was told they don't insure 93 model gtr's..  But would insure earlier ones, after i told them the cars are the same from 89-93 they still held fast, it's like were just back pedalling out of it.

So who's everyone using now back to shannons? or famous.  car only does events and probly 200km  per year on road, so thinking i could just insure for fire and theft at agreed value, as car owes well over 100k?  Anyone had any luck with that?

With all due respect - I really think this thread contributed to the downfall of NRMA scheme, especially with insured values being advertised.

Not even the Nissan Silvia community (incl. the dregs of society like myself) have been naive enough to post detail about this excellent insurance umbrella on a forum platform. We all know the interwebz is a playground for fraudsters looking to make a quick buck......

Sorry to hear you can't insure your GT-R's anymore.....

1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

*shrug* mines insured for a fair price and a reasonable premium. Plenty of others the same.

Lets hope I never need it.

Silvia dregs of society lol, I have one of those too, can confirm, am serious bogan :D

LOL!! yuppp!

I do recall back in the mid 00's my cousin paying an f'Ing fortune for insurance on his BNR32 - because GTR's were getting stolen left right & centre, plus getting written off. I'd dare say GTR's have become as popular again as they were back then, if not even more popular....... so I can only assume the exact same thing is happening all over again.....