SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

Walkoau, don't be naive, a heap more bad apples more like it..

You don't think fraudsters and thieves lurk public internet forums? Wrong.

Cop it on the chin.... it's like fight club, when you find something good in the insurance world, you keep it to yourself and only tell people you trust.

As soon as the real world finds out.......everything is ruined. NRMA VVC is a prime example of the fight club theory.

These insurance scams are nothing new. Been happening for decades with all kinds of cars, before any form of social media came along... problem is, it takes a few claims to see a pattern and almost impossible to prevent

There was a scam, before the WOVR came along,  where people would insure a car, claim it stolen, strip it of pretty much everything then dump the shell. Once the police and insurance company find the shell, they would buy it back, refit all the parts and bingo, free car

Edited by junkie

I once met someone whose car got stolen and they purchased insurance after this event...then made a claim two weeks later that their car was stolen. Insurance m searched phone records and everything because of the short period between buying insurance and making claim, but couldn't prove anything and he'd obviously not filed a police report at the time it was actually stolen. So yeah, plenty of insurance fraud goes on...and we ultimately pay for it.

We all pay more tax than we need to because welfare cheats rort the system by claiming benefits fraudulently.

Now that I've shared that on social media I expect it to stop in the near future.

There will always be shitcvnts and we'll always be paying a little extra in some way to compensate.

Just look at our politicians...

• Like 1

So if you have an existing policy with an agreed value has anyone been able to keep theirs/renew since these recent events? Or even been able to up the agreed value (due to more mods) and remain with NRMA VVC?

Interested to know as I have a policy which will come up for renewal next year but in the mean time I wanted to increase my agreed value. Keen to hear thoughts or feedback from people who have renewed or increased agreed value so far since the ban on insuring Skylines.

Shannons were easy to work with and the premium seems reasonable to me, BUT I've never had to claim with them. 

I'm currently with NRMA , and my current policy expires in July next year .
The fella on the phone (NRMA) said that if my policy is to be axed I'll get six weeks notice .

So I got a quote from Shannon's ....
They were pleasant to deal with on the phone , but basically my premium will double and so will my excess for the same amount of coverage .

But I'm not stressing about paying an extra $500 a year .
If it's the price we have to pay to drive such great vehicles , so be it !

31 minutes ago, breaker1845 said:

So if you have an existing policy with an agreed value has anyone been able to keep theirs/renew since these recent events? Or even been able to up the agreed value (due to more mods) and remain with NRMA VVC?

Interested to know as I have a policy which will come up for renewal next year but in the mean time I wanted to increase my agreed value. Keen to hear thoughts or feedback from people who have renewed or increased agreed value so far since the ban on insuring Skylines.

Yep rang them yesterday cause mine is due on Monday and they will renew the policy at the same agreed value but will not increase it

I didn't have a fantastic experience dealing with claims through Shannons cos if you want to claim something, you go to their parent company which is Suncorp, I had to follow up with them to keep the progress going. I'd imagine it's same with any form of insurance.

It's something I don't want to do again regardless of insurer. Buying insurance is one thing, having to make a claim is another thing.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, r32-25t said:

Yep rang them yesterday cause mine is due on Monday and they will renew the policy at the same agreed value but will not increase it

Do you have several policies?

I have home contents and 2x cars with NRMA.. probably why they keep on renewing? just speculation

I've got the green slip and comprehensive on the ute with them and the green slip and vcc comprehensive on the gtr 

they are happy to renew at the same value I had last year but it was seriously undervalued and wouldn't increase it

the gtr insurance is in the process of being moved and without photos or a modification list was valued at 10k more then it was with vvc, waiting to hear back what they value it at with the extra info

So I called RACV today to find out what is happening with my policy which expires in Feb. Currently all existing policies are fine, but they're not taking on any new policies for Skylines. If anything changes we'll get a notice in writing 6-8 weeks before the policy is cancelled.

Fingers crossed existing policies are kept. 

• Like 1