SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

• 2 months later...

Finally received my renewal notice, just a casual 20% increase. Pretending i knew nothing I called them up to get an explanation as to why this was so, they told me what i already knew (from this thread). Apparently they don't consider skylines to be classic anymore, Unfortunately there was no negotiating to be done, pretty average..........:down:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, Gza36 said:

Finally received my renewal notice, just a casual 20% increase...

Same... renewal arrived, sum insured and everything else stay the same but the premium almost increased 17%...

Only ever had TPP 'bomb' insurance.........was with Just Cars but now with AAMI [Just Cars got absorbed by aami].

Very recently had somebody hit me in the side of the car in a car park - I was parked at the time [engine off, door open, about to get out].  They admitted fault and have made a claim on my behalf because AAMI TPP insurance doesn't cover helping you to make a claim, only in claims against you.  So now I am at the mercy of the other persons insurance company and waiting for them to approve so I can get it repaired.  I feel vulnerable....little me up against a big insurer.  I think I will be ok, but it makes you stop and think, if they stalled or said NO then it would take a lot of Dept of Fair Trading or other such assistance and many years to get there. 

• 6 months later...

My RACV vintage insurance renewal came through...I thought they were cancelling these policies? Or just not taking on new customers? Like others in here, premium gone up from under $300 to $350ish...but that's still full comp on a 33R for 30k agreed with no engine in it...so I'm not questioning it...

If I can sort out club rego then it will be a very reasonable second vehicle.

RACQ vintage in QLD would only accept the skyline for an agreed value of $10,000 maximum. You could hear me laughing all the way at the head office and I couldn't have hung up quicker.

Shannon's full comp limited driving policy (less than 2 days a week driven but unlimited kms) was around 600 bucks a year and they tripled the agreed value and will cover all mods. And that's with a recent claim so no claim bonus wasn't available to me.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just rang NRMA Classic and Vintage Car Insurance on 1800 646 605 - being RACV here in Victoria and was advised that they no longer take on Nissan Skylines and do not deem them as Classics or Vintage cars. The chap I spoke to said the rule change happened about 6 months ago!

So he offered to transfer me to the usual NRMA Insurance line for a quotation and it came out to $1,850. AAAARHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Any tips?

Cheers,

Alex

I just went through the same thing a few days ago with RACV no longer insuring GTR's. 

Got a quote done through shannons for around $1600 per annum, limited use, $53000 agreed value. Got the same through enthusiasts insurance for around @1200 although use was 8000km per year. Found them to be much better then shannons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, another existing customer here with several policies. Insured value the same, premium went from $300 pa to $420pa, which percentage wise is quite a hike.

My car would probably be near the bottom of the food chain being an RPS13, but the overall the cost is much cheaper than the alternative and I've always received good service from NRMA-provided I'm not at fault, so I'll stick with them for now. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2017 at 2:26 AM, Aqua said:

Hi all, just renew-ed my policy so FYI:

NRMA VVC renewal letter came in with $972 premium and everything else e.g. agreed value and excess being the same as last year. Pretty delighted the premium actually went down!

However I gave them a call and increased the agreed value to $110,000, with $1,000 excess and $1,490 Premium.
Note:
1) With premium over $100k, the excess has to be $1k, no more or no less.
2) Apparently there's an endorsement from the underwriter - they will not insure a car over $100k value if the driver is under 30 years of age. The lady from NRMA VVC has waived this for me though.

Hope this helps!

Ive been with them for 4 or 5 yrs and 2 ctp. Never had any claims nor have my license cancelled or whatever.

Garaged and don't drive often.

2018 everything was the same and premium increased almost 15%

This year 2019 renewal just came in... everything is still the same, completely no change. But premium went up another 20%... I personally think its pretty ridiculous...

2 hours ago, Aqua said:

Ive been with them for 4 or 5 yrs and 2 ctp. Never had any claims nor have my license cancelled or whatever.

Garaged and don't drive often.

2018 everything was the same and premium increased almost 15%

This year 2019 renewal just came in... everything is still the same, completely no change. But premium went up another 20%... I personally think its pretty ridiculous...

I am similar, haven't even had a speeding ticket for a long long time, garaged, country town and in a safe area and this year it is up 16%

Methinks they will keep doing this until they drive us elsewhere ?????

They do not seem to understand that these cars are not just being trashed by boy racers (they can't afford them)and the prices are going through the roof

when I first got the car I could have insured a new $150,000 GTR about the same price a $45,000 R34GTR through other companies:/ 

• Like 1