• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

walkoau

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

21 hours ago, GTR-N1 said:

Some renewals are creeping through now, but with zero increase in sum insured.

Luckily I just increased mine to 100k before all this happened. I'm ok with that for now. 

Finally received my renewal notice, just a casual 20% increase. Pretending i knew nothing I called them up to get an explanation as to why this was so, they told me what i already knew (from this thread). Apparently they don't consider skylines to be classic anymore, Unfortunately there was no negotiating to be done, pretty average..........:down:

• Sad 1

I received my renewal yesterday. No increase in premium so I'm pretty happy. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, Gza36 said:

Finally received my renewal notice, just a casual 20% increase...

Same... renewal arrived, sum insured and everything else stay the same but the premium almost increased 17%...

Only ever had TPP 'bomb' insurance.........was with Just Cars but now with AAMI [Just Cars got absorbed by aami].

Very recently had somebody hit me in the side of the car in a car park - I was parked at the time [engine off, door open, about to get out].  They admitted fault and have made a claim on my behalf because AAMI TPP insurance doesn't cover helping you to make a claim, only in claims against you.  So now I am at the mercy of the other persons insurance company and waiting for them to approve so I can get it repaired.  I feel vulnerable....little me up against a big insurer.  I think I will be ok, but it makes you stop and think, if they stalled or said NO then it would take a lot of Dept of Fair Trading or other such assistance and many years to get there.