SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

How do they know you only did 10 trips??? Seems like an open ended thing to me.

I could do one trip to Adelaide and clock up 5,000km, or you could do 20 trips to the shops and clock up 500km.

No idea how they know you've only made 10 trips, but that's what was explained to me before purchasing. I thought it best not to ask too many questions lol as i prefer that to the 9000 km rule. Doubt i will make 9000 km though :P

Same deal with going to the shops, your "not supposed" to but how would they know?

No idea how they know you've only made 10 trips, but that's what was explained to me before purchasing. I thought it best not to ask too many questions lol as i prefer that to the 9000 km rule. Doubt i will make 9000 km though :P

Same deal with going to the shops, your "not supposed" to but how would they know?

if it gets stolen from the shopping center it's pretty obvious

How do they know you only did 10 trips??? Seems like an open ended thing to me.

I could do one trip to Adelaide and clock up 5,000km, or you could do 20 trips to the shops and clock up 500km.

NRMAVVC even told me that its an AVERAGE of 10 times a month - so you could be doing over 10 times this month, and none in the next month. As long as it comes out as an average of 10/month.

I didn't ask how NRMAVVC keep track of it or get it proved. However, I was with Lumley Special Vehicle before and they are using the same policy and LSV said to me if you make a claim, they will then try track it down e.g. asking your neighbours etc. Very vague.

p.s. I've been trying to keep a good relationship with my neighbours :yes:

Will increasing the agreed value affect my premium/excess a whole lot?

My premium increased $50/year after bringing up agreed value from 75k to 80k. Worth.

Best to ask for a quote.

• Like 3

Thanks for this thread guys.

I just got a great quote on a 95 R33 GTR V-SPEC

A fraction of the price on premium & excess numbers than Just Car & Shannons..

Its cheaper to insure than the missus' xtrail !!

Agreed value of $30K for a mint, stock vehicle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The latest PDS as some of you have already noticed states that a Classic Car like your GTR or GT has to be driven 10 or less times per month to qualify for insurance.

I went to NRMA this morning too, to get clarification of what the PDS means by "Drive Day". The PDS states that Classic Cars are not covered on "Track Days or Drive Days". I'm told that "Drive Days" include 'Cruises'. So just be warned that even if you tag along with a 'Cruise', nominally you are NOT actually participating if you want to remain insured with NRMA VVC on that day.

• Like 3

That's a very good pick up Terry.

I just insured another vehicle and I'm happy to say my I'm still impressed with the premium prices.

• Like 1

The latest PDS as some of you have already noticed states that a Classic Car like your GTR or GT has to be driven 10 or less times per month to qualify for insurance.

I went to NRMA this morning too, to get clarification of what the PDS means by "Drive Day". The PDS states that Classic Cars are not covered on "Track Days or Drive Days". I'm told that "Drive Days" include 'Cruises'. So just be warned that even if you tag along with a 'Cruise', nominally you are NOT actually participating if you want to remain insured with NRMA VVC on that day.

That is a tough one, you would be on the road as normal but with friends in other cars going to the same location, what difference is that to going for a drive ?

I wonder if there are more hidden restrictions that could pop up and bite your arse ???

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish
  • Like 1

Considering 90% of classic cars are driven for club cruises I'm going to get clarification on this. Strikes me as odd...

• Like 2

Does NRMA Vintage allow salvage buy backs?

Good one, I had it written down to ask the exact question and forgot, Alzheimer kicking in, LOL

Just hope if iI did write it off, I am still around to buy it back :/

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish

Just gave NRMA VC a call and the woman says they changed their policy a couple of months ago and no longer consider skylines to be a collectible :-S ( I did mention I had a 94 R32 GTR to insure )

Anyone else been advised of this ?