SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

Just switched over today. Very happy.

2000 BNR34 GT-R V-Spec II

Previously insured with Lumley SV. (Regular daily driven policy)

Premium: $1812

Excess: $500

Agreed Value: $53,000

Now with NRMA VVC. (Restricted Use policy)

Premium: $952

Excess: $300

Agreed Value: $65,000

Although hard to compare as they are two different usage policies im still happy. No problems with the usual mods: exhaust, wheels, suspension, intake and audio system.

Lumley were not prepared to increase the agreed value so it was an easy choice considering the vehicle does not do daily duties anymore anyways.

Edited by Hakosuka22
  • Like 4

swapped over to them too, $5k agreed value above what anyone else would offer, $40 per month $300 excess choice of repairer, glass cover. and that's with no loyalty discount so very happy also.

• Like 1

That's a good result mate. I was asking for at least 30k agreed which seems logical given the prices you see these days but I guess I just got an underwriter that was too business minded lol

point them to car sales to get the mean/ average sale value for R32gtrs, its currently well over 30k.

give them the explanation of the USA market opening to justify it, they listened to me and did it. I asked for $35 and they gave me 30 as mines a stock 1989

• Like 1

The guy on the call was rather understanding, he was looking at carsales himself noting the average around 30k.

I asked for 40k hoping to settle around 35 ideally or 30 at the minimum...

Mines pretty standard too with a few bolt ons and exterior bits and bobs

Hey guys, I thought you may find this cool........

I rang NRMA today and asked what can be done to comprehensively insure my Aussie Delivered R32 GT-R for the GT-R festival in 8 days time.

It is currently insured with them but on "laid up cover," meaning fire and theft cover only at home as the car is not registered.

They granted me comprehensive cover for "special occasions" providing I obtained an unregistered vehicle permit.

I got the permit from the RMS yesterday for $23.00.

I'm now all set for the festival. Happy days! Driving an R32 GT-R legally with no number plates for 50kms round trip may be interesting!

Note the comments in the special conditions section attached.

Bob.

post-78207-0-94514200-1463732275_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That's awesome. But how the hell did you convince the rms to grant you a permit to travel to a car show?

No convincing required, it's a legal option available in all states.

Click on Unregistered Vehicle Permit (UVP)

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/unregistered.html#UnregisteredVehiclePermit(UVP)

Bob.

Hey guys, I thought you may find this cool........

I rang NRMA today and asked what can be done to comprehensively insure my Aussie Delivered R32 GT-R for the GT-R festival in 8 days time.

It is currently insured with them but on "laid up cover," meaning fire and theft cover only at home as the car is not registered.

They granted me comprehensive cover for "special occasions" providing I obtained an unregistered vehicle permit.

I got the permit from the RMS yesterday for $23.00.

I'm now all set for the festival. Happy days! Driving an R32 GT-R legally with no number plates for 50kms round trip may be interesting!

Note the comments in the special conditions section attached.

Bob.

Fascinating!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

NRMA VVC 

...now has a new Sum Insured ceiling limit.

$500,000 (up from  $150,000).

* still maximum 10x per month usage

* still needs to be secure

* still needs to be a minimum of 15yrs old.

• Like 2

My car is currently insured full comprehensive through nrma.

33 gtst and the best they will do is $3500

My rims/tyres are worth more. If I'm in an accident I'm screwed

Considering going over to the vvc atleast I might get what the cars worth

54 minutes ago, CaptainFresh said:

My car is currently insured full comprehensive through nrma.

33 gtst and the best they will do is $3500

My rims/tyres are worth more. If I'm in an accident I'm screwed

Considering going over to the vvc atleast I might get what the cars worth

Normal NRMA is not the section you go to?

NRMA Classic and vintage mob, but they are not for your daily drive car, have a look on Google

Ive driven my car a total of 400kms in 2 months. I drove to sydeny from newcastle last weekend. Which was 250kms. Otherwise i would have driven 150ks in 2 months.... safe to say its not daily driven. Not even a weekend car at this point. I occasionly drive to the shops and back just to give it a run..

Unsure what you mean otherwise... im just stating if you go through the typical full comprehensive at nrma with a gtst your going to be screwed in an accident etc

As my car is 21years old, not daily driven etc it qualifies for vintage and classic insurance. Where i will get closer to what the car is actually worth.

3 hours ago, Terry_GT-R34 said:

Really cheap cars are better off insured for "fire and theft..."

Fire and theft is a croc of shit... they cover max $10k, then you minus excess, admin, other bs costs.. you end up with a few grand. Also means premiums will be about $600...

I heard vintage insurance is much better, in terms of cover and cost. My car literally does 2~3000 kms per year, the most it ever travels is when it goes to Wakefield Park and back home. 1x tank of E85 usually lasts me about 1 month, most of it wasted on starting it up revving it a bit in the backyard and turning it off (yes not good for oil but gets replaced every 2nd track day)