SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

9 hours ago, CaptainFresh said:

Ive driven my car a total of 400kms in 2 months. I drove to sydeny from newcastle last weekend. Which was 250kms. Otherwise i would have driven 150ks in 2 months.... safe to say its not daily driven. Not even a weekend car at this point. I occasionly drive to the shops and back just to give it a run..

Unsure what you mean otherwise... im just stating if you go through the typical full comprehensive at nrma with a gtst your going to be screwed in an accident etc

As my car is 21years old, not daily driven etc it qualifies for vintage and classic insurance. Where i will get closer to what the car is actually worth.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, from your quote it sounded like you used NRMA and Classic/Vintage is not a normal NRMA full comprehensive policy.

I was saying you have to call a different section of the NRMA  for the Classic-Vintage insurance,

Give this a call 1800646605 and see what they have to say

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, from your quote it sounded like you used NRMA and Classic/Vintage is not a normal NRMA full comprehensive policy.

I was saying you have to call a different section of the NRMA  for the Classic-Vintage insurance,

Give this a call 1800646605 and see what they have to say

Ah I see the issue, I'm saying that is what I'm currently insured through, nrma full comprehensive not nrma classic and that I need to swap over to the NRMA classic insurance because currently my car is only insured for $3k

8 minutes ago, CaptainFresh said:

Ah I see the issue, I'm saying that is what I'm currently insured through, nrma full comprehensive not nrma classic and that I need to swap over to the NRMA classic insurance because currently my car is only insured for $3k

Yes James, I am sure your car is worth a lot more than $3K , you would get more flogging the parts

Just give that number a call and see what they say, I would like to hear the outcome. Oh and sometimes you get an operator that does not know what they are talking about and tell you they do not insure this type of car, it has happened heaps of times. So call again.

• Like 1

Just signed my weekend car('90 GTR) up with NRMA Classic yesterday after getting quoted around $2k from regular NRMA/Just Car for similar limited use. 

$450 a year(after loyalty discount - roadside+CTP), $25k agreed value, $500 excess can use the car 10 days a month.  Pretty happy that they could save me $1500+ and are always willing to increase the agreed value after mods/ market value increase.

• Like 2

I understood the representative wrong...... got the new policy in the mail its $100.25 a month :D:D:D:D:D:D

On 22/07/2016 at 11:58 AM, milanr34 said:

Small update:

VVC Policy: Agreed Value $70,000, Excess $500 - $120 a month

Went from $61,000 of $108 a month, amazing savings.

Edited by milanr34

UPDATES For R34 GT-R "Agreed Value" Policies

...on Low Km, VG Cond, well secured cars that are driven 10 or less times per month: these are the upper limits permitted as discussed with the Manager.

* R34 GT-R Z-Tune = $500K

* R34 GT-R R-Tune = Not Discussed

* R34 GT-R S-Tune = Not Discussed

* R34 GT-R V-Spec II N1 = $240K

* R34 GT-R V-Spec N1 = $225K

* R34 GT-R M-Spec Nur = $210K

* R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur = $200K

* R34 GT-R M-Spec = $150K

* R34 GT-R V-Spec II = $130K

* R34 GT-R V-Spec = $100K

* R34 GT-R Standard = $70K

Hope these help. 

• Like 5

UPDATES For R33 GT-R "Agreed Value" Policies

...on Low Km, VG Cond, well secured cars driven 10 or less times per month: these are the upper limits permitted as discussed with the Manager.

* R33 GT-R 400R = $450K

* R33 GT-R V-Spec N1 = $195K

* R33 GT-R V-Spec Series 2 = $44K

* R33 GT-R V-Spec = $37K

* R33 GT-R Standard = $30K

Hope these help.

• Like 1

UPDATES For R32 GT-R "Agreed Value" Policies

...on Low Km, VG Cond, well secured cars driven 10 or less times per month; these are the upper limits permitted as discussed with the Manager.

* R32 GT-R V-Spec II N1 = $165K

* R32 GT-R V-Spec N1 = $155K

* R32 GT-R Standard N1 = $145K

* R32 GT-R Nismo = $120K

* R32 GT-R Australian = $120K

* R32 GT-R V-Spec II = $70K

* R32 GT-R V-Spec = $45K

* R32 GT-R Standard = $35K

Hope these help.

Modifications' values would need to be discussed directly with the Manager over and above the values listed.

UPDATES For 2 Other Classics

...on Low Km, VG Cond, well secured cars, driven 10 or less times per month.

* KPGC10 Hakosuka = $500K

* KPGC110 Kenmeri = $430K

Interesting?

• Like 1

You have been busy getting these figures, you have to get a full time job and move off the mountain where you will get some oxygen, LOL

There are some high evaluations there and looking good for the near future for GRT owners that have not trashed their cars having too much fun, hard to put a price on fun :)

Have to speak to them again and up my insurance , it is good to be able to insure your car for what it is worth or close to it at a reasonable price.

7 hours ago, Terry_GT-R34 said:

UPDATES For R32 GT-R "Agreed Value" Policies

...on Low Km, VG Cond, well secured cars driven 10 or less times per month; these are the upper limits permitted as discussed with the Manager.

* R32 GT-R V-Spec II N1 = $165K

* R32 GT-R V-Spec N1 = $155K

* R32 GT-R Standard N1 = $145K

* R32 GT-R Nismo = $120K

* R32 GT-R Australian = $120K

* R32 GT-R V-Spec II = $70K

* R32 GT-R V-Spec = $45K

* R32 GT-R Standard = $35K

Hope these help.

Modifications' values would need to be discussed directly with the Manager over and above the values listed.

Hi Terry,

The last two on the list are well undervalued.

You can't get any good decent R32 GT-R (grade 4) for under 2,500,00 yen.......

That's about $45,000 all in drive away...

That should be the starting point with V-Specs a minimum of $5K above that.

Check this one out........

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-13122446&Cr=3

Here is was 3 months ago at auction........ http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?view=auctstatdetail&id=mPdK9efeQIdzuq6

Would owe the dealer A tad over $52K

This one is OVER $60K landed, complied and registered.

http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?view=auctstatdetail&id=WouJHvKSlpW0zc

Cheers,

Bob.

• Like 1

I wonder if NRMA VVC is going off Beau Stanton's R32 GT-R F/s on Fb "GTR AND GTR PARTS SALES PAGE".

$29,000 with stacks of Nismo (some of it new) gear all through it. No accidents. No rust.

On 8/1/2016 at 10:16 AM, Terry_GT-R34 said:

UPDATES For R33 GT-R "Agreed Value" Policies

...on Low Km, VG Cond, well secured cars driven 10 or less times per month: these are the upper limits permitted as discussed with the Manager.

* R33 GT-R 400R = $450K

* R33 GT-R V-Spec N1 = $195K

* R33 GT-R V-Spec Series 2 = $44K

* R33 GT-R V-Spec = $37K

* R33 GT-R Standard = $30K

Hope these help.

What about for 33 GTR series 3? Series 3 are worth a lot more than the series 1/2. May have to give them a call

Also what is low km? 

Edited by HOOAH

Series 3 wasn't discussed sorry.

"Low Km" is relative. I cannot add to that except to say that in an insurance claim, you'd be pretty safe if parts of the car are in quality, consistent with the odometer reading.

Conversely, if the car's odometer reads 60,000Km but the condition of the car looks like an overused POS, question marks (red flags) will lead to further investigation. 

Remember that the maximum Agreed Value is for cars in VG Condition (and not rusty or in need of repair).

In any contractual agreement, there's give and take. The last thing we need in our genre of cars is for scammers to make claims for profit. 

Whilst NRMA VVC is competing for business, I'd hate to think that the 5 insurance companies which vie for our dollars could ever drop back to 4, or worse still, 3.

• Like 1

On 1 August 2016 at 7:04 PM, Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR said:

Hi Terry,

The last two on the list are well undervalued.

You can't get any good decent R32 GT-R (grade 4) for under 2,500,00 yen.......

That's about $45,000 all in drive away...

That should be the starting point with V-Specs a minimum of $5K above that.

Check this one out........

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-13122446&Cr=3

Here is was 3 months ago at auction........ http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?view=auctstatdetail&id=mPdK9efeQIdzuq6

Would owe the dealer A tad over $52K

This one is OVER $60K landed, complied and registered.

http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?view=auctstatdetail&id=WouJHvKSlpW0zc

Cheers,

Bob.

This is all a bit misleading IMO. They're not selling for anywhere near that locally, which means the cars you're seeing go through auction probably aren't coming to Australia. Here in Aus the landed and complied cost increases are ridiculous simply because our taxes and all other associated BS is calculated based on the cost of the car after its converted to AUD from JPY. 

If you get a bad Aussie $ year like 2016 has been, we're paying 20% more for the car, 20% more in tax, stamp duty etc. and in many cases it's pushing cars into LCT territory.

To understand what I'm saying you only have to look at the R34 GTR market. Whilst they're skyrocketing in landed and complied terms, local sellers are slashing prices. There are a couple going around on SAU and Carsales which I'm sure will sell for less than the owners wanted. A fairly low km bayside blue example was listed recently for 95k, then reduced to 85, 75 and after that who knows what he took. Similar examples out of Japan have gone for close to 100k and in some cases over. My only conclusion is they're going to places other than Australia because nobody would pay that sort of money for a Vspec or less here. Even vspec2's have sold here for way less this year. Hell, a white (grade 5A at time of import) vspec2 sold locally for 85k a few months ago.

I think it's best to ignore the prices seen in Japan in AUD/landed terms until we're on a more level playing field re exchange rate and tax.

Edited by ADP91

8 minutes ago, ADP91 said:

This is all a bit misleading IMO. They're not selling for anywhere near that locally, which means the cars you're seeing go through auction probably aren't coming to Australia. Here in Aus the landed and complied cost increases are ridiculous simply because our taxes and all other associated BS is calculated based on the cost of the car after its converted to AUD from JPY. 

If you get a bad Aussie $ year like 2016 has been, we're paying 20% more for the car, 20% more in tax, stamp duty etc. and in many cases it's pushing cars into LCT territory.

To understand what I'm saying you only have to look at the R34 GTR market. Whilst they're skyrocketing in landed and complied terms, local sellers are slashing prices. There are a couple going around on SAU and Carsales which I'm sure will sell for less than the owners wanted. A fairly low km bayside blue example was listed recently for 95k, then reduced to 85, 75 and after that who knows what he took. Similar examples out of Japan have gone for close to 100k and in some cases over. My only conclusion is they're going to places other than Australia because nobody would pay that sort of money for a Vspec or less here. Even vspec2's have sold here for way less this year. Hell, a white (grade 5A at time of import) vspec2 sold locally for 85k a few months ago.

I think it's best to ignore the prices seen in Japan in AUD/landed terms until we're on a more level playing field re exchange rate and tax.

Fair point but once the local supply dries up, the only real place you will be able to get them from is Japan.

As was stated in another post, 4 years ago there were over 60 R32 GT-R's available on Carpoint/Carsales..... Today that figure is 12 (new low record).

The currency is what it is and will remain low for a while. In the current low interest rate climate the reserve bank doesn't want the dollar to rise.

It is vital for our exporters to be competitive and a lower Aussie dollar is what they need. The flipside of course is if you want to import stuff, you pay through the nose.

These cars are becoming world cars, a far cry from their intended JDM roots.

If we want them, then we have to eventually pay world pricing. If not........ Then buy a used HSV or FPV.... Until they get defunct.

Cheers,

Bob.

I think if supply is drying up anywhere, it's in Japan. You are correct, people have to pay if they want them. However the people buying them now wouldn't buy them if they had to pay "collector money". I hear about people giving up their search in Japan all the time because they just don't have the budget to keep up with what's going on.

So basically they're eventually going to appeal to a very very very narrow market. R34 GTR market is case in point, supply is low but so is demand at these prices, hence a wave of price drops. I've sold one myself this year and I know what the phenomenon is like first hand. Seeing Japanese examples going for 50% more than my asking price (in landed and complied terms) yet I'm taking less than my ask (and yes it was a spectacular car that another SAU member now owns).  

I think the Yen is a much bigger issue than the AUD right now. It's in such high demand. If the Boj stopped disappointing we could turn the ship around pretty quickly.