SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

Hey guys,

Since starting this thread a few years back, it's been a while since I have posted.

My details have changed alot. I now have a mint 1982 vh commodore with an rb25det in it. Fully engineered and on club, classic modified conditional rego.

My policy for this car comes in at a premium of only $263.68 for agreed value of $40,000. $300 excess.

I'm loving nrma vintage and classic.

Thanks

tmp_11097-_20170319_1625201824450388.JPG

tmp_11097-edited_14836145334061017590734.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

I am thinking the same thing, I need to up the agreed value, if anything happened I would be stuffed with the agreed value at $65k

My agreed value is at 70k. I called up and said I'd like to put it up to around 90k and the lady had no idea on the phone. She suggested I take a heap of photos and email them. Then someone will call me back to discuss. 

12 hours ago, ShortCircuit said:

My agreed value is at 70k. I called up and said I'd like to put it up to around 90k and the lady had no idea on the phone. She suggested I take a heap of photos and email them. Then someone will call me back to discuss. 

I will take some pics and a list of Mods, the car is a 2017 in a 1999 body, lol

I will also go for $90k ish , feel a bit better if something bad happens :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 1:39 PM, ShortCircuit said:

What agreed values are people getting for their R34 GTR's? I think it's time to increase my agreed value. 

NRMA VVC is asking for photographs, veracity of model & type now.

For GT-Rs, Justin seems to be the 'go to' guy. 

• Like 1

Got a nasty shock in the mail today. renewal notice for the GTR arrived.

It has more than doubled per year (almost 3x), they still have not updated my address after i called them 3 times...

I have just called NRMA and they have stated that they are putting prices up, alas they have discovered how much cheaper they are and they are losing money on imports...

So prepare for a shock guys. 

• Like 1

I received my renewal. 50% increase on last years. $975 up to $1,475. (BNR32, $80k agreed value, $500 excess). 

I gave them a call and they have increased prices on all grey imports. Especially GT-R's. Lets face it, they were very very good value and all good things must come to end. 

I bumped up my excess to $1k and the premium is now $1,100 and no extra to pay monthly. Still quite good value in my eyes. 

Only 2 more years or so for club rego and then should be able to reduce both costs a bit more right?!

• Like 1

Sadly for me there are a few criteria that I don't meet. 

Can't use your vehicle for an occasional commute to work or even drive to the shops :/ 

NRMA VVC wouldn't cover me
NRMA normal only would insure me for $12K
Shannons wanted 1800/year for 34K
Famous quoted me at 1000/year for 34K 

35yold with 1 claim in the last few years :/ (motorcycle accident)

Edited by zloki

40 minutes ago, zloki said:

Sadly for me there are a few criteria that I don't meet. 

Can't use your vehicle for an occasional commute to work or even drive to the shops :/ 

NRMA VVC wouldn't cover me
NRMA normal only would insure me for $12K
Shannons wanted 1800/year for 34K
Famous quoted me at 1000/year for 34K 

35yold with 1 claim in the last few years :/ (motorcycle accident)

I have stated this many times and have confirmed it MANY times with NRMA themselves. Can we sticky this at the start of the bloody thread?

The PDS actually states that "used as a primary mode of transport or used on a regular basis – for example, commuting daily to and from work"

Meaning as long as it isn't the primary mode, and not done on a regular basis you can do it. NRMA have themselves confirmed that it is more than OK to occasionally drive it to work and the shops, as they understand old cars need to be run. They said as long as it isn't done on a regular basis, and you have another car that you can sue it is fine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah my bad, I didn't read any of the details just called them straight away lol.

The girl I spoke to said I couldn't drive it to work or the shops at all, which seemed silly but I didn't press her on it. 
I mentioned that I would still have my bike but I wanted to do more of a 50:50split 

Edited by zloki