SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

I am currently with Lumley paying just under $1600 for my 34 GTR. Just called NRMA and mentioned SAU which they seemed delighted to hear about. They offered me cover for $700. Happy to agree to the value i stated the car to be and up to $3000 in towing if i was more than 100kms away from home. Very impressed and will be cancelling with Lumley, as soon as my car reaches that 15 year mark and move over to NRMA

I am currently with Lumley paying just under $1600 for my 34 GTR. Just called NRMA and mentioned SAU which they seemed delighted to hear about. They offered me cover for $700. Happy to agree to the value i stated the car to be and up to $3000 in towing if i was more than 100kms away from home. Very impressed and will be cancelling with Lumley, as soon as my car reaches that 15 year mark and move over to NRMA

Wowzers! That towing cover is pretty impressive.

My insurance with Lumley expires at the end of the year. I'll make the switch.

About time someone came out with excellent deals, surprising it was NRMA!

May I add this lads. Watch out for and secure your cars vigilantly. Because if we lose a few, that's when the premiums go up. Hey, but did I really need to say that?

The current PDS says that these cars need to be 20 yrs old. But the new PDS Supplement states that they only need to be 15 yrs old. So 'no sweat'! There'll be a new PDS in due course.

• Like 1

PDS says that modifications are covered so long as they are listed, approved by NRMA and any additional premium is paid for.

If not listed, the car is only insured for stock condition.

• Like 1

PDS says that...

* the car isn't covered if driven by anyone 24 and under unless approved already by NRMA

* the car isn't covered if it's used on a regular basis for shopping, commuting to or from work or to transport friends and family (- not sure about enemies tho')

* the car isn't covered if driven more than 9,000Km in the past 12 months

* the car isn't covered if used for a business purpose or for hire

unless, in writing, you've informed NRMA and it has been approved and you've paid any additional premium that applies.

For example, if the car is used for a formal or a wedding, approval will need to be gained.

No approval is required if the car is used as a hobby or for recreational purposes.

PDS says that if there's a liability claim...

* the car is not covered if the driver is 24 or under

* the driver in the past 5 yrs has had his/her licence suspended, had vehicle insurance refused/withdrawn/cancelled or been convicted of a criminal offence related to fraud, theft, arson or wilful damage.

PDS says that your claim may be at risk if...

* you change the address where the car is stored and don't tell NRMA

* your car is used for purposes other than hobby or recreational

* your car is not kept in good order, free from rust, mechanical problems or hail damage or is unsafe

* you make admissions, attempts to settle without NRMA's consent

* you don't make an immediate report to the police of damage or theft

* you make modifications outside of the manufacturer's specifications unless NRMA has been informed and any alteration to premium has been paid

* the car was being driven by an unlicenced driver

* the car was being driven by someone whose licence has been suspended, cancelled or special conditions imposed over the past 5 years

* your car is being used for a driver education course unless NRMA has been informed and that NRMA has approved it

* the driver has shown positive to drugs and alcohol

* the driver is under 25 yrs old and not noted as an approved driver with NRMA at the time

* the car is being used in a race, trial, test or contest

* the car is within the perimeter of a racetrack unless NRMA approves it

etc etc etc

Called the NRMA for a quote on insuring the Stagea, jumped through all the hoops and then was told the underwriter wouldn't cover it because it was a grey import and modified.

Pretty annoying as I ticked all the boxes: over 25 yr old, stored in locked garage, bunch of other policies with them including daily driver.

I'd be interested to hear what you insider has to say about this Terry.

Yeah called that number and specifically asked for the Vintage Classic and Veteran policy, they didn't have the Stagea on their list of cars so the girl I spoke to had to talk to her boss and call me back.

I made sure they knew it was an Autech 260RS and emailed them a list of all the modifications.

Got a call back saying sorry we can't help you.

100% confirmed,

22 years old, $570 a year, $500 excess, insured for $30k.

I'm a very happy customer at the moment. The lady i spoke to on the phone mentioned they had a high proportion of skylines coming across to them from other insurers. Funny that..

I'm saving a whopping $1700 a year on insurance, and it's insured for more moneys.

It will be interesting to see what shannons/Justjap do with their pricing in the next little while.

The lady i spoke to on the phone mentioned they had a high proportion of skylines coming across to them from other insurers. Funny that..

I've been told that a man named "SAU" has been responsible for this.

Glad I started the thread. Saving people lots of money. Donations from your saved money would be appreciated. Even a small proportion would be great. Lol. Happy to help.

• Like 1