Just called for a quote

1999 R34 V Spec

Insured value $50k

Premium $667 p.a.

Excess $1000

or

Premium $785 p.a.

Excess $300

Current insurance with Just Car is agreed value $45k and premium was $1536 with a +$2000 excess (after a lot of wrangling).

Only catch is I need to buy a second car for daily duties to have the insurance with NRMA - which I was planning to do anyway.

With the GTR on e85, I actually come out ahead buying and running second car just on the fuel and insurance savings alone ($940 p.a. saving, which helps fund the depreciation of the second car).

Yeah called that number and specifically asked for the Vintage Classic and Veteran policy, they didn't have the Stagea on their list of cars so the girl I spoke to had to talk to her boss and call me back.

I made sure they knew it was an Autech 260RS and emailed them a list of all the modifications.

Got a call back saying sorry we can't help you.

Talked to the manager just now Tom. Dave is willing to revisit your application.

• Like 3

Great news, but how about 2001 vspec2? It's not 15 years old so it can not be insured with nrma vintage right? I'm paying more than 3000 a year for under 25. So some money saving would be nice!

This NRMA Vintage Classic and Veteran insurance had only been available Jun for 20 yr old cars. Only recently, it's been amended to 15 yrs (as per PDS Supplement).

2016 will be your year Jun :)

Great news, but how about 2001 vspec2? It's not 15 years old so it can not be insured with nrma vintage right? I'm paying more than 3000 a year for under 25. So some money saving would be nice!

You just have to wait. Be patient.

This NRMA Vintage Classic and Veteran insurance had only been available Jun for 20 yr old cars. Only recently, it's been amended to 15 yrs (as per PDS Supplement).

2016 will be your year Jun :)

Hi terry, long time no see. How is everything going? I will give them a happy new year call in 2016 lol.

You might have thought that 2014 was your year Jun (Year of the Horse); but 2016 (Year of the Monkey) is i-i-i-i-t-t haha...

Or perhaps the tail end of the Year of the Sheep being in Oz and all - lol

PS ...am fine thanks, enjoying semi-retirement.

I had a really poor superannuation payout > cashed it in > bought another N1 as a form of 'rollover' > a form of super one can enjoy.

Hey Guy's,

I know this thread is specific to the NRMA vintage and classic insurance but thought it good to mention these guy's to compare with:

http://enthusiast.com.au/

I have my R32 GTR insured with them and I am paying less than I was paying at Shannons for my R32 GTS25!

I am paying $600 odd with all mods listed, minimum use.

Their service is really good too

Jase

You might have thought that 2014 was your year Jun (Year of the Horse); but 2016 (Year of the Monkey) is i-i-i-i-t-t haha...

Or perhaps the tail end of the Year of the Sheep being in Oz and all - lol

PS ...am fine thanks, enjoying semi-retirement.

I had a really poor superannuation payout > cashed it in > bought another N1 as a form of 'rollover' > a form of super one can enjoy.

My mum was born in year of monkey tho, I saw the n1 at JLM, nice car!

I called Shannons to see what they could do for me. They said lowest they can go is $1500. I told them i'm still saving $1000 a year and will be cancelling at the end of the month and going with NRMA.

Glen Ridge couldn't have said it any better.

Why do people say they will cancel at the end of the month or after there current policy ends? The insurance company will send you out a cheque for the balance they owe you anyway regardless of when you cancel. Better off to start saving your money straight away in my opinion.