SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

The RACV calls it : Veteran, Vintage & Classic Car Insurance here is the link: http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/racv/Internet/Primary/insurance/car+insurance/veteran,+vintage+_+classic

The guy i spoke to said it's exactly the same as the NRMA policy

Thank-you for doing my homework!

:thumbsup:

haha

that'll be a no go for sure.

go see a broker to get you a quote from breeze underwriting...it'll cost you a f**kload though.

and before anyone says shannons will cover you on the track. they wont. only if you have a historic car and you have racing extention applied. they wont sell racing extention to people with skylines...!!!!!

Wow. Just called up and was a bit skeptical as I don't have a GTR but they insured my R32 GTST with some of the modifications we have receipts for.

Currently - Shannons - $2200 p.A

NRMA - $571 P.A comprehensive, insured for more.

I do have my green slip with Shannons, did some one mention that might be problematic when switching comprehensive provider?

Pretty chuffed about this really, hated paying thousands when the car just sat in the garage most of the time... AND this put me in a better discount bracket for having multiple policies with NRMA.

Green slip (CTP) has nothing to do with your comprehensive insurance, CTP is for rego so it won't be affected if you switch (it's prepaid essentially). Companies can give you discounted prices if you have both with them though.

haha

that'll be a no go for sure.

go see a broker to get you a quote from breeze underwriting...it'll cost you a f**kload though.

and before anyone says shannons will cover you on the track. they wont. only if you have a historic car and you have racing extention applied. they wont sell racing extention to people with skylines...!!!!!

Aww. It does say in the terms racing will void unless agreed upon :P

did some ringing around this week with insurance companies mentioned in this thread and this "classic" car insurance (as opposed to shannons) seems a bit more restrictive.

Shannons will do exceptions for under 25, while none of those companies will.

I got declined from a few of them for receiving 3 minor speeding fines in a 2 year period.

RACV classic didnt want to insure unusual/rare cars under 15 years old.

Im not surprised but it shows how much more flexible shannons can be. probably with modifications too.

Your right with everything except the modifications.

Spot on, you have to be a good boy and clean driving record for the last few years. And obviously only car OVER 15 years.

You can list any mods as far as I'm aware.

But if they have to refuse people because of the above mentioned problems, it's OK with me. I'll be a good boy to keep my premium low.

If I'm stupid and do something wrong I will accept the consequences and pay a higher premium with Shannons for example.

When changing companies , Shannons told me they have the similar insurance - Vintage and Classic

but all cars had be 35 Years old to get a similar premium / price .

Hopefully premiums don't rise unrealistically with NRMA

Edited by NISSAN GTR

Yes...

What's also made the NRMA package so popular in recent times is the fact that the company has reduced the age-of-car threshhold from 20 yrs to 15; as one can see in the PDS Supplement.

Due to the fact that many people here on SAU have switched from a company of long standing, most will be watchful when it comes time to renew - I agree.

100% confirmed,

22 years old, $570 a year, $500 excess, insured for $30k.

I'm a very happy customer at the moment. The lady i spoke to on the phone mentioned they had a high proportion of skylines coming across to them from other insurers. Funny that..

I'm saving a whopping $1700 a year on insurance, and it's insured for more moneys.

It will be interesting to see what shannons/Justjap do with their pricing in the next little while.

so your 22 and you were able to insure with them ?

im 23 , no lock up garage , no daily driver atm would i be able to insure with them ?

Edited by jdm-egg

Yes...

What's also made the NRMA package so popular in recent times is the fact that the company has reduced the age-of-car threshhold from 20 yrs to 15; as one can see in the PDS Supplement.

Due to the fact that many people here on SAU have switched from a company of long standing, most will be watchful when it comes time to renew - I agree.

Correct Terry , i noticed the 20 year threshold in the supplement as well , i almost wanted to ring them and get confirmation ...........

So I made the switch a couple of days ago and when going through the details, I specifically mentioned that the car was mildly modded, between both myself and the previous owner. I asked if the I should send through a list of the mods or go through them over the phone (as previously done with Just Car), and the lady said 'no, we don't list mods on our policy', just insure the car for the agreed value.' She also said just keep the receipts for aftermarket parts in case of an accident.

My question to the converted - did you actually list your mods on your policy or get a similar response to me?