SAU Community

R32 Gtr Build In Usa

Lol...

Cross weight is for getting left and right turning the same (use front left and right rear to get %). It's used to jack coil overs to equal cross.

to get rear need just find the difference of 100%.

58.4% FRONT

41.6% REAR

You guys are funny!

And I just though about the boost...probably some nitwit cut those wire in the harness somewhere to install boost control in past. I'm about to go run new ones straight from ecu

And I just though about the boost...probably some nitwit cut those wire in the harness somewhere to install boost control in past. I'm about to go run new ones straight from ecu

What was wrong with boost? Solenoid not controlling properly?

Haltech wouldn't controI because it wasn't getting the boost solenoid wiring back to it. just finished running wires from ecu though. Apparently someone cut the wires to install an ebc because the wires to the solenoid did not get signal back to ecu pins. It's all good now though. Made use of one of those MAF wires I wasn't using ;) repinned ecu wire 27 (Front MAF signal) to 25 (Boost control solenoid ground) and then used the MAF 12v switched as a supply for the solenoid...I'm sure it will work now.

Going to try to get base duty dialed in for 10 and 12 psi then tweak closed boost mode from there. Based on my tests the other night I should be up in the 18-20 psi range even on medium actuator if the solenoid is up for bleeding the boost. But I'm bringing tools to tighten the arm in case.

As fast as this car is at 10 I can't wait for 20!

Fyi the EFR solenoid is marked + and - in the plastic. You run 12v to the + and the ecu grounds the - on a pulsed duty cycle to bleed. Closed loop actually starts at your set duty cycle then adjusts to actual boost. Basically I never had it wired up.

VERY close!

3175 lbs --> 1440 kg

58.4% front

49.7% cross weight.

Is that full weight or with stuff stripped out, and are there side impact bars, being an early model perhaps not?

I thought it would have been in the 1500's range for sure...

Full weight. No jack, spare, floormats, or stereo (but speakers are in doors). AC PS and all still 100% on car.

Just got done with tuning session one and went out to enjoy the car. I will need efr high pressure wastegate because I couldn't get stable boost on top end (dropped to 16.5 psi) so I was stuck with only 464 rwhp. But oh my goodness does this car just own all driving it around. What an INCREDIBLE car and incredible powerband. I didn't have time to get timing and all right because I was fighting with boost so much.

The red graph one finally had boost flattened out in the dip but knocked a touch in the top. Again no timing changed off of haltech base map yet.

10 psi was 375 whp.

4659c11bd315ad7c81d9362a975f448f.jpg

Again missing boost threshold

Heres my data.

First tune, ran out of dyno time. Fought boost control for a long time then just went to open loop on Haltech. I should have played with that more before dynoing. Boost on graph is PSI * 10 (for scaling purposes) and is straight from the log. It literally rained while we dyno'd so 100% humidity and 83 deg F ambient.

This is STOCK Haltech timing advance (untouched). Only would knock at 20 psi at 4400 rpms during spike. I'm DEFINITELY losing boost response on this because the logs with the wastegate hose pulled are showing 21 psi at 4100 rpms (as opposed to my lazy 4400 that was kinda of spiking at first).

Anyway, pumpgas 93 (with the 10% ethanol they have in my area).

2.75L BC stroker

New N1 block 86mm bores

tomei poncam A

6boost manifold - divided for IWG EFR

8374 EFR .92 IWG divided

ported head

SS +.5mm valves

squish pads removed

Hypertune V2

stock intercooler

I WILL be ordering the high boost cannister and getting boost leveled out at 16-17 psi for base and using closed loop for tuning. CAR IS AN ABSOLUTE ANIMAL!!!

I bet it has 130 mph in it right now!

Also it should be noted on STOCK intercooler I'm seeing 115 deg F when hammering through the gears (all the way through 4th) on the highway. It was AT LEAST 125 on the dyno every pull. Air temps drop drastically when on it...ironically they increase while you cruise (or sit in traffic). Makes sense as all that is moving is IDLE air. But under load at 18 psi and this power level the stock intercooler is keeping up well so far. Temps pretty much drop the whole time you are in boost. NICE EFFICIENT TURBO HELPS I AM SURE!!

post-136202-0-88264100-1464406294_thumb.png

Not much to update. Busy doing other things today.

I did, however, take an hour to make a heat shield for the turbine housing. I wanted to protect my powdercoating.

post-136202-0-15481200-1464482170_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-01043700-1464482179_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-75026300-1464482190_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-41483600-1464482201_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-41164800-1464482211_thumb.jpg

• Like 2