SAU Community

Jordy's R32

Been lazy on the update front so here's some pics!

Swapped the engine, no fuss, towed it home from my dad's place to my friends fab shop for intercooler piping and some exhaust modifications, and finally back back home to do the fiddly stuff like electronics!

fM4QDhxl.jpg
Tomei fuel pressure reg, greddy profec OLED etc to go in

]YBTDzlTl.jpg
The OLED is a nice peice of kit!

qaXBgsFl.jpg
Made up some fuel lines with aeroflow 400 series rubber lines and their swivel fit 90's - the rubber is a personal thing, im not a fan of braided lines

Qvoc82Wl.jpg
I also replaced the exhaust gaskets with FRUSH items, they are a reusable 7layer steel exhaust gasket, will be nice to see how they go!

• Like 1

Installed my oil catch can and lines, i used the aero flow push lock fittings which I'm a huge fan of

7GefChvl.jpg

I also took my dump off and had a flex joint put in, i feel it's best i did this now rather than down the track, and the car isn't moving at the moment so i got that done

0QJPrrfl.jpg

And got started on my rear subframe, i purchased a spare so i could do a straight swap, i got the old destroyed bushes out my warming them up.. lol

zjvhnIpl.jpg

and when we got a little impatient with how long it was taking, we'd give it a bit of encouragement..

ZrKiotZl.jpg

Not one complaint from the neighbours either, i must be doing something right! - The subframe is currently at my friend's workshop getting the GKTECH weld in reinforcement plates welded in before getting powder coated

The shop in charge of all of my fabrication work is Impossible Fabrications and are mainly known for their RWD SR20 Honda Civic.. :yes: If you need fabrication work done in sydney i can't suggest them enough :)

Car is off to DVS JEZ for a tune next wednesday, so hopefully all goes well! - Will be back with some more pics ASAP!

Q9OCVHnl.jpg

:)

Edited by Jordy32
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Righto! car is ready for tune! heading up to DVS JEZ on wednesday, hopefully all goes well.. Pretty keen to get back on the road, been a while!

Here are some pics

uwkBPJgl.jpg
Got the cooling system being pressure tested, no leaks which is good

PLBOrTOl.jpg
Intercooler piping back in, gave it a hit with primer and some satin black paint to help tie it in with the black engine bay. The blue silicon joiners will get changed eventually, but the focus right now is getting it running.. I also painted the rocker covers again as the wrinkle didn't look too great.. Finished it off with a brand new R34 GTR ornament cover, because well it looks great in my opinion

8UMnSp0l.jpg
Looking good in the sun

cMbJUPQl.jpg
Celebrated with some chocolate lol

• Like 1

Looks pretty mate. The 26 covers and gtr ornament fill my mind with f**k!!!

Thanks mate, haha you're not the first to say, i honestly just think they look a whole lot better than the 25 ones that's all :P

Good luck mate looks awesome

Been lazy on the update front so here's some pics!

Swapped the engine, no fuss, towed it home from my dad's place to my friends fab shop for intercooler piping and some exhaust modifications, and finally back back home to do the fiddly stuff like electronics!

fM4QDhxl.jpg

Tomei fuel pressure reg, greddy profec OLED etc to go in

]YBTDzlTl.jpg

The OLED is a nice peice of kit!

qaXBgsFl.jpg

Made up some fuel lines with aeroflow 400 series rubber lines and their swivel fit 90's - the rubber is a personal thing, im not a fan of braided lines

Qvoc82Wl.jpg

I also replaced the exhaust gaskets with FRUSH items, they are a reusable 7layer steel exhaust gasket, will be nice to see how they go!

I know that innovate box lol

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up nice and early to drop the car at the tuners, here's a sneaky pic at Maccas while we were eating lots of hash browns :yes:

7vYSbdMl.jpg

So i dropped the car at JEZ, it was absolutely freezing :closedeyes: , we got the car off the trailer and pushed it into his shop. We had a lovely chat about cars, parts and other car related things, i pat his cat and left.

A little while later i received a call letting me know that there was an issue, whoever put my engine together had put the exhaust cam on 10 teeth out of line and that he would be fixing it.. :verymad: I called the mechanic who built my engine who's "PHONE DIED" just after i said what had happened, who now won't reply to any of my messages or calls, f**king moron.. - ANYWAY

Car got on the dyno!

Mj5nfdvl.jpg

Car was run in and tuned on the dyno and after a few heat cycles we came to a final result!

Low Boost (12psi) - 234.2kw

High Boost (18psi) - 252.8kw

I'm glad to have reached my goal for the car and can't wait to drive it, the curve looks like it will be very

5WuZocYl.jpg

Mod List for the car is as follows to this date

Engine
- RB25DET (OEM Rebuild Head and Block)

- Tomei Poncams

- ACL race bearings

- ARP head studs

Intake
- Greddy Plenum

- Greddy Throttle Body adaptor

- Greddy Intercooler

- Apexi Pod Filter

Exhaust

- OEM Cast manifold

- OEM Heatshields

- 3" Stainless dump pipe, modified with a flex joint fitted

- HKS 3" Mild Steet exhaust, (claimed to be an option for a GTR - Got it for an absolute bargain!) Modified to fit GTST (hangers)

- Catco High Flow Catalytic converter

- Nissan OEM and FRUSH gaskets

Turbo

- HKS GTRS Turbine

- HKS Wastegate Actuator

Fuel

- Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator

- Aeroflow Fuel Pressure Gauge

- Aeroflow Lines and fittings (400 Series)

- Plazmaman Fuel Rail

- Bosch 725cc Injectors (top feed)

Electronics

- Z32 Air Flow meter

- Tomei Z32 Air Flow Meter Plug

- Apexi Power FC ECU

- Greddy OLED boost controller

- Yashio Factory Water Temp Gauge

- R32 GTR gauge cluster