SAU Community

Jordy's R32

Thanks guys :)

Planning on raising the car a bit and flattening out the camber over the next week, there is absolutely no grip in the rear... I spin the wheels constantly and well to be honest it's too low for my area, my lip has copped a beating since i'm not used to driving with it this low any more haha :whistling:

Also - Has anyone had any luck with the Whiteline swaybars? people say they don't fit, others say they do? not really sure what to do!

where did you get the frush exhaust gaskets from?

Hey mate hope you're well :)

I got them from GKTech

Here's a link for you - http://www.gktech.com/index.php/products/#26

I used the 3" ones throughout my exhaust even though it says "dump pipe to front pipe" and worked a treat! :yes: (http://www.gktech.com/index.php/3-multi-layer-stainless-steel-dump-to-front-pipe-exhaust-gasket.html)

Just reading the thread through, good updates mate.

Can't help but notice the P plate on it though... Legal for you to drive?

I got my full licence back in April :)

• 2 weeks later...

Took the car for it's first drive to get some fuel and wash it, which was great! until i was driving home and floored it in 3rd, all was well until about 5k rpm when even though my foot was on the accelerator the car shuddered and fluttered and my boost gauge went straight to 0PSI, odd

Pulled around the corner to check for intercooler piping, no issues found, i started the car back up and the turbo sounded absolutely f**ked, like putting a bag of bolts into a can and throwing at someone f**ked.. i limped the car back home as i was only around the block.. :angry: ah well shit happens

Parked the car on the gutter and left it for a few days while i weighed up my options..

Got to work pulling the GT-RS out, i bought it second hand so this day was eventually going to come, i just thought it'd last you know more than a day.. :/ oh well

Made an absolute mess and spilt coolant everywhere, oops

wE7PTPrl.jpg

Finaly it was out, the bearing was f**ked and was hard to spin, there was also a lot of shaft play
N0LcXtZl.jpg

For the time being i grabbed a stock RB25 turbo from a wrecker and slapped that in
WOmLug2l.jpg

Works fine for now. Spoke to JEZ about it, he suggested just running waste gate pressure if i need to move the car at all but I'm going to be ordering a high flow R33 turbo to go in, and it's getting the tune fixed up next month :) took it for a test lap around the block and down to the servo, temps, pressures and drives perfectly fine, afr's are good but I'm not gonna push my luck

It's not all bad, the exhaust sounds great and i can have a conversation in the car without raising my voice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a fairly chilled weekend, still waiting on my turbo to arrive so i decided to tackle some interior bits and pieces i've had lined up for a while but never really had the time or motivation to do which included the rear seats, passenger seat and installing some sound deadening. yes you read that correctly, INSTALLING sound deadening rather than removing it! :laugh:

For the sound deadening, i used these tubes of sticky foil and foam from Jaycar

2qxp5CTl.jpg

I covered the whole back section from where the carpet sits, all the way up to the parcel shelf, unfortunately there wasn't much light in there so i couldn't get a clear photo.. I took the time to neaten up the wiring while i was under there too which will help me sleep a little easier

I then pulled the old GTS-T Rear seats out and replaced them with much better looking, feeling and cleaner GT-R Rear seats

snpU95Fl.jpg

After putting the rear seats in and giving them a once over with the vacuum cleaner i put a GT-R Passenger seat in to replace the old and boring looking GTS-T seat which is much more comfortable

hNIoQpvl.jpg

Always feel good getting those little jobs done, and for only an hour or two of my time on a lazy Sunday the difference is massive.. Really happy with the interior now, i'm going to look at some speakers for the door and sound deadening in there too as my speakers are missing.. :rolleyes: weird..

Cheers :)

• Like 1

hey mate

how do the 17x9+22 sit all round? inside / outside / flush with front n rear gaurds?

Hi there :)

Fairly well, flush with guards with some guard rolling and camber but my car is fairly low :/ - I'll be looking at a 9 +30 in the near future so i can fit a wider Tyre under the guard but a 235 fits

No issues with brake or coil over clearance at the front or rear though

• 3 weeks later...

Got a tune booked this monday with JEZ to touch up after installing my highflow, so in the meantime i've been doing little things to the car while we wait

Up next on the list was the clutch pedal bracket.. A fairly common issue with these cars, and i wanted to fix it before i got stranded

I went ahead an ordered a Nismo Clutch pedal bracket, the Nismo item is made of a thicker steel and has some extra welds to strengthen the unit

yndHW1fl.jpg

OywRQE5l.jpg

In the box, you get a clutch pedal bracket, and an instruction booklet which is all in Japanese

Qv7kzX8l.jpg

Here's a photo of the unit, you might be able to see the difference in thickness, you can certainly feel it when they are both out of the car

I went ahead and pulled out the clutch pedal bracket from the car, and unsurprisingly i found this..

Nft4GkSl.jpg

A clean break, there's a lot of evidence that someone has tried to fix this in the past as there is weld and spatter all over the unit, but all that seems to have done is moved the stress to a weaker part of the bracket

Here's a comparison shot of the 2, as you can see the nismo unit has had that area boxed in, i can imagine it flex's a lot

M3EnDdnl.jpg

I assembled the pedal, spring and little switch and put fresh grease where i found old grease and reinstalled it

6lUxkfHl.jpg

I'm happy to report a world of difference, the pedal feels great and it no longer sounds like someone is bashing the firewall with a hammer whenever i try to change gears! - Thankfully the weather is warming up, working in the open air at night was getting pretty average, but it's warming up and the sun is staying around for longer so I'm happy

:)

It seems my GT-R disguise is working :ninja: lol!

I got it from RHD japan, i didn't know they didn't release one for the GTR, is it a common problem with them too? Seems odd they wouldn't release a GTR version don't you think!