SAU Community

Sau Vic 2014 Motorsport Championship Final Round - Pi Sunday 28Th September

billywhiz

Sau Vic 2014 Motorsport Championship Final Round (95DB) - Hosted by PIARC

Entry $250 including timing, $210 if you enter before 18th Sept.

The link to CAMS online entry and Sup Regs (including postal entry form option) may be found on the front page of http://www.piarc.com.au/

As published prior, for this year, two events will be dropped when working out this years championship

To close out the year, there should be some more social track events, WRX xmas Sandown plus the committee is working to finalise the Broadford day.

big thanks to our sponsors:

2014 Motorsport Sponsors

post-31752-0-52502100-1409963086_thumb.jpg

Racepace Motorsport

Servicing, Engines & Mechanical

Racepace Motorsport

Servicing, Engines & Mechanical

9/6 Holloway Drive

Bayswater, VIC.

PH: 9762 9421

post-31752-0-80936800-1409963119_thumb.jpg

Speed Nation

Automotive Lifestyle

http://speednation.com.au/

post-31752-0-20507200-1409963161_thumb.jpg

Discount City Tyres

Tyres, Wheels & Servicing

626 South Road

Moorabbin

PH: 03 9555 6325

Hey guys,

future planning here (moving to Vic end of the year), was reading through the regulations and would like to confirm a few things with the guys that actually participate.

Would an R32 with RB25 fall into class G as the RB25 is 2498CC?

Is a stripped interior, however retaining hood lining and front door trims (not the little trims behind the door on a two door) ok as it only mentions removal of rear seat.

It also says that roll cages are encouraged however is that another CAMS schedule that the cars need to comply with.

For reference my 32 is not registered, RB25DET, no interior, suspension and brake mods (i did notice those are open)

Cheers, hope the final rounds are fantastic for all involved

The type of motorsport days most of us attend are multi-club sprints run by various CAMS-affiliated clubs (e.g. WRX Club, Alfa Romeo Owners Club, PIARC, etc), and whilst the events are CAMS governed, we don't use the CAMS racing categories (i.e. we don't have a class 'G'). SAU Vic club championship runs under it's own class system which you can read in the motorsport thread. As for other CAMS requirements, everything you need to know is in the motorsport championship thread.

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/437292-2014-sau-vic-motorsport-championship/

If your intention is to enter actual CAMS organised series such as the Victorian Supersprint Championship or Improved Production, then CAMS categories will apply - you're best to ring them and ask your questions to get official answers rather than forums.

In that case, keep an eye in this forum for the SAU VIC 2015 Motorsport Championship and we'll be listing the events we'll be running as rounds of our championship :)

• Like 1

I've entered.

The CAMS entry looks like being useful, no more writing down details every time.

Certainly a step up from scanning PDFs then emailing or worse, posting them.

Yes, looks nice and streamlined.... only about 10 years too late :laugh:

Did you guys use the online form or just look at it? Reminds me I gotta enter still, will sort that out tomorrow.

Guessing if Ash mentions he's taking care of sustenance by way of steak sanga's and skewers again there will be a rush of entries ;)

Did you guys use the online form or just look at it?

Used it, first time is only a little bit more of effort than a normal event entry but you reuse for next event. if you can be bothered, there are long winded instructional videos.

First glance the driver/car setup seemed like effort but you're right, was straight forward except for the car class. Will work out nicely for future PIARC entries at least.

$205 with dorian for early bird (until thursday) isn't too bad at all for PI. Looking forward to it, haven't had a decent run at PI since Feb I think.

Car Class, good point. I know we run under our SAU classification specified in the 2014 championship thread but to assist in people populating CAMS entry car details.

We run under the sprint days, so you'll find the PI supp regs classes within the "Group 5 Sprint Class"

Woot, after swinging spanners for the past 3 nights my baby is back together, now with new big brakes and chunky rear toe arms. Getting an alignment as we speak and it'll be good to go after a quick oil and plug change :D

Have to pull out of this one as I don't think I'll have my car back by then. Sandown brought to light some high RPM issues which are still being sorted.

It's fine... racetracks love high rpm :P Good luck exorcising the demons :)

Got an email last night from a piarc guy saying that he's received our entries and its not an oversubscribed day so to invite some friends down to bump up the numbers.

Here's hoping for some good track time :)