SAU Community

Sau Vic 2014 Motorsport Championship Final Round - Pi Sunday 28Th September

billywhiz

More track time works for me! Don't tell anyone lol

Squires will be supplying BBQ sustenance again though Ash won't be there so we'll need a new chef. How many people do we have so I can pick up enough supplies? Believe you have the BBQ Simon?

Bit quiet with a few days to go till final round. If I wimp out under the pressure, may be asking round for a lift down.

Car issues still touch and go?

Tony O will be coming down at like 10 or 11am with the BBQ gear and some drinks on ice in our nice new esky.

I'll bring a flag down in the morning :)

Everyone look out for the SAU VIC flag and gather around our area.

Do we want to get/share a garage to have as our sau home base?

• Like 1

Yeah grab an SAU garage. If you're there first, can you grab an additional garage either side for me?

All good Tony, will be meeting up with Ash later today or tomorrow morning to get the beef.

• Like 1

Most likely - no go

Should now be a go, rang at lunchtime and they were just ringing up Nissan sourcing a gasket I'd forgotten to give them - so I popped it round over lunch.

What's the process for garages at PI? Booking? Payments? etc... Do you need to ring up someone like Sandown?

You don't seem to be able to pre-book

When you get there you ring PI client services mobile (PM'd by the way)

they'll walk around unlock and request the $176 per day payment.

Good stuff John, as mentioned you're the only one that can beat Aaron to the overall win. Or you can both feel free to DNF and the prius can do a bradbury :)

Can you send over that PI number in the highly unlikely event that I get there first.

I've got it saved in my phone, will be leaving here at about 5:30am so will be there at 7 when the gates open. I'll aim for the same area we were at last time... about halfway along the 2nd section of garages.

• Like 1

Ripper day, not a big turn out. Bit strange the PIARC people ended the day a bit early, was hoping to get another session or 2 in but guess I'll just have to go back next month!

Results for SAU members, not sure if there were others but listed under different club on the entry.

Aaron Barnes    	Nissan R35 GTR 		1:47.3202
Craig Ferdinands	Audi RS5       		1:51.4126
John Packham   		Nissan 200sx s14   	1:53.8320
Evan Burns      	Nissan R35 GTR 		1:54.0133
Andrew Collins 		Nissan Skyline R31 	1:55.3026
Dave Marinucci		Toyota 86 		1:55.4496
Matt Lowth     		Lotus Exige S      	1:56.1022
Alex Barnes   		Holden GTS		1:57.5535
Brett Stuchbery		Holden Commodore VX	1:58.1070
Simon Henman   		Nissan Skyline     	2:02.1210
Jeff Hare		Subaru Forester GT	2:09.5833 

Assuming I didn't fark it up, the championship was decided yesterday. Will post the results after a fact check :)

More track time works for me! Don't tell anyone lol

And plenty of track time was had :)

Until they called the day early because not that many people were out there at the end.

Here's mine, the GPS data sync isn't great but gives a good enough idea.

1:57.2759 on my usual AD08R's

1:55.4496 trying out a set of A050's. Needed a few more sessions to get used to them, was actually slower in a few places. But as Simon mentioned, they cut the day short because they wanted to go home early.

• Like 1

Good to see everyone having fun, loving the commitment shown, squealing tyres and love Dave's AO50s hum - reminds me of flying scenes in WW2 films.

I love this place, was running lower boost to avoid overheating issues but Nick from Lux Racing advised on anti dive improvements which are in the right direction as way more confident on turn in, hence big PB improvement.

I was not expecting that hum from the A050's, never used semi's before. The drive home was unpleasant to say the least. Will stick with the AD08R's for a while though, plenty more time in them.

John, how much work is involved in sync'ing the videos and data? I find racerender with just one video and the data a complete pain in the arse to line up.

Also, check out this site - https://serious-racing.com/

You can upload GPS data from various apps and loggers to compare 4 of your own laps or one against up to 4 other people. It's pretty cool. I'm on there as my username here (as is Aaron).