SAU Community

Sau Vic 2014 Motorsport Championship Final Round - Pi Sunday 28Th September

billywhiz

I was not expecting that hum from the A050's, never used semi's before. The drive home was unpleasant to say the least. Will stick with the AD08R's for a while though, plenty more time in them.

Semi-slicks have high road noise. Not really ideal for driving on the street, they will wear out quickly too.

it was more a case of fed up with changing wheels again - does sound like he'll make the effort if he runs them again.

Dave, when I get a chance, will load up data and give you a shout.

Thought I was used to road noise with my tin can, country roads are fairly horrible on the AD08's as is. As John said I cbf'd changing them as I was gonna get top gear'd lol.

Not sure I'll bother with semi's just yet, still plenty of grip on the AD08R's. I reckon I can get into the 56's with them, maybe even a 55 which is plenty fast enough for now.

John, how much work is involved in sync'ing the videos and data? I find racerender with just one video and the data a complete pain in the arse to line up.

Pretty easy with Racechrono on android (Nokia app would only extract data from full laps), later android app exports the whole dataset so you've got the 0kph data take off point to match with take off movement on the videos, then just trim the boring stuff away - this last point is subjective, if I'm too aggressive, I'm left with no video :-)

Also, check out this site - https://serious-racing.com/

You can upload GPS data from various apps and loggers to compare 4 of your own laps or one against up to 4 other people. It's pretty cool. I'm on there as my username here (as is Aaron).

tried to create an account couple of days ago, never received new account confirmation email, gave them a poke, we'll see?

BTW Did the championship table get ratified?

Their site had issues with hyphens in the user name first time I tried, guy that runs it sorted it out though.

Championship results were left in the hands of the committee not long after the final PI round but no further updates required that I'm aware of.