SAU Community

New Rb26 Vcam In-Let Setup $3000

fatz

• 2 months later...

I just bought the stage 1 otomoto kit for my 2.8 'baby' stroker with -5's. I staying with 98 octane pump fuel so I'll need all the help I can get out of my 'street' setup.

I have a couple of neo vct units and a neo solenoid laying around from my 'poor mans' v cam idea, so they will be perfect for this kit.

I'll try to get some results/comparisons once I've fitted it. I'm running a PFC so I'll most likely go a jaycar style rpm switch controller to control the solenoid.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So this is the latest. Got sick of waiting for months for my replacement head to come back from a business I tasked with machining for bigger intake valves and port clean up, so I'll be leaving the old one on. It's already lightly ported and has aftermarket springs/retainers.

After 11 years of running GTR's and twin turbo's I'm going single heheh.

Also got a haltec plat ecu so that will control the vct solenoid.

post-12712-0-13048300-1448962005_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-56213000-1448962015_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-05462400-1448962030_thumb.jpgpost-12712-0-33919400-1448962043_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So got it tuned with a t51R first= lag monster but was sorta driveable. Sounded awesome revving to 9k rpm...plus screamer heheh, 550WHP @20psi.

Then went back to -5's and got it tuned again. Wow midrange is great and pulls well from down low! (stroker helps there)

What I've found and Yavus at Unigroup already knew is that the 260deg intake cam supplied by otomoto is too big in duration.

I ended up switching off vct at 7000 rpm as that is where it starts to drop off. So (in theory) you could leave a 260 deg cam for example at 20 or so degress advanced on you adjustable cam gear and only nose over after 7000rpm lol!

Max I rev my setup to is 8-8500 rpm so you get 1000-1500 rpm of extra power for $3000...

They need to (otomoto) sell an intake cam that has a shorter duration of say 242-248 degrees to bring down the switch over point and move the whole graph to the left a bit more :)

More development necessary before I'm 100% happy with setup, but in the mean time, in short it's a beast heheh.

I'll post a graph up soon. Don't worry about HP as dyno is a tuning tool heheh. I'll have to take it down the strip to see what MPH it pulls :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...