SAU Community

Which Power Steering Fluid Is Highly Recommended

I tried searching it but got no results :(

I have a R32 Gts-t just wondering what people use and what brand they find is best to cope with lock to lock and daily duties? I have a little play in the steering, so i checked the reservoir it is below empty by like 10mm so I'm guessing its time for a top up!

These are all full synth, so will last longer and be more boil resistant, which will be important if you track it.

Nissan certifications in brackets;

Nulon Synth ATF (C D J K) 66.50/4L = $16.60perL
Valvo Synth ATF (D J K) 49.95/5L = $10.00perL
Transmax Z ATF (D only) 76.50/4L = $19.10perL

I use the Valvo because its well priced.

nothing wrong with the 10dollar castrol power steering fluid been using it in my drift car for years and holds up well considering how hard racks are worked in a drift car.

Never done PS flush, Got any links or anything to a DIY?

Thanks guys i'll head done to a shop and get one of them!

dis connect lines from reservior drain it all oout and if you want it out of the rack disconnect lines on rack and turn wheel a few times will get it all out of rack aswell.

nothing wrong with the 10dollar castrol power steering fluid been using it in my drift car for years and holds up well considering how hard racks are worked in a drift car.

Are you running a PS cooler? I have seen way too many PS pumps fail at the track due to overheating, hence why I run synthetic fluid, in the hope it will protect better at high temps.

Which is the best among these two?

Dextron 3 trans

Shell SPIRAX S4 TXM

Dextron 3 is a fluid specification, not a brand.

Are you running a PS cooler? I have seen way too many PS pumps fail at the track due to overheating, hence why I run synthetic fluid, in the hope it will protect better at high temps.

Dextron 3 is a fluid specification, not a brand.

yeah at the moment i have a cooler but even without cooler for 2years never had issues with pump still on my first one.

• 3 years later...