SAU Community

Eoi: All Japanese Car Show Act - 2015

dirtywan

Hi Everyone,

Just putting it out there, I am thinking of organising an All Japanese Car Day in the ACT. At this stage we currently don’t have any sort of Japanese car day in the ACT and I haven’t heard much in the way of anyone wanting to organise anything.

As the title suggests, this would be a show and shine that is open to ANY Japanese cars, regardless of year, make or model. At this stage I will be taking any interest and ideas regarding where we should hold the events. As for a time during the year, I am thinking around March next year, but am open to suggestions. A few ideas of the venue have been suggested, these suggestions are:

Train yard in Kingston

Ron Terrace (down by the lake off Parkes Way)

Old Parliament House Lawns

The usual formalities apply, any anti social behaviour i.e. burnouts, hooning etc will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the venue immediately and will not be allowed back to any future events. At the end of the day, we already have a bad rep for owning this particular type of vehicle, let’s not make it worse and potentially jeopardise holding these events in the future.

Ideally we are trying to organise this so no entry fees/display fees are needed to be charged. It’s still early days, so my question is will people be willing to pay a small entry fee, possibly no more than $10. This will basically cover public liability insurance, possible hire fees and bonds etc. In the case of any money being left over it will be donated to charity.

Feel free to post up any ideas or queries regarding the event. This will be posted on multiple car forums, i.e Ausrotary, React, Performance Forums, Toymods, SAU etc. If you feel this should be posted on another forum or facebook group, feel free to do so. If you could flick me a message advising what forum you have posted on, that way I can keep track of possible participants. Although the event will be held in the ACT, we welcome and encourage any interstate participants.

Oooh... sounds cool mate. :cool:

By Japanese do you mean only Imports or even the Humble Aussie R31 or N13 can play?

Everything and anything Japanese, even some bikes might come along too!

Can't edit original post, but here is a link to the facebook group. Join it for regular updates and invite your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/743576332355439/

Edited by dirtywan

I think it's a great idea! Wheels and Marques are great but it'd be nice to have an event that's exclusively ours. If Italian and German cars have enough interest to have their own show, then surely there's got to be enough Jap cars to make it work.

If Italian and German cars have enough interest to have their own show, then surely there's got to be enough Jap cars to make it work.

Exactly this. There are enough Japanese car clubs and what not around the ACT to make this happen. Even if only say 10 cars from each make turned up, there would still be at least 60 to 70 cars. Which is a pretty decent show.

• Like 1

make it so and they will come out of the woodwork

the first year will be good and subsequent years great

Obviously organisation is the key to success or not

that and some good volunteers and I'm not sure of the plan but Sponsors may be on the cards too.

everyone will come but who will help ?

Make the first one happen

All else will follow and grow beyond expectations

A great Idea :thumbsup:

(there's about 70+ jap cars in my single suburb alone)

I am also in said suburb. So many burnout marks everywhere, is good.

And you are right Sin, organisation is everything. Thankfully I'm in a position to get a bit of help with organising and have a few people that have also wanted to see this show take off and are ready to give it 110%. Fingers crossed it is a good turn out and we don't have too many dramas.

Insurance and all the legal stuff will be the hard bit.

If you can do that, the rest is easy.

And a name or title to suit... Japanese..... um, passion?, no thats not it.

Anyway, bikes would be cool too. I know of some real fanatics for their brand.

Very good idea. :yes: im in.

Believe it or not, all the insurance stuff is the easy part (it helps that I work in the industry)

I'm unsure about including bikes at this stage. Most of the venues that we are thinking of using will be grass. But if that changes, bikes will be more then welcome.

• 1 month later...

Cause a bunch of underpowered cars on the dyno makes it that much more interesting?

I think they're good but just need to make sure they don't go for too long and make sure there's food available even if it's just snags on the bbq.

I'm liking the cars n coffee concept.