SAU Community

Eoi: All Japanese Car Show Act - 2015

dirtywan

CHECKLIST FOR YOU

Step 1

* Check to see that there's no clash of dates with anything big in NSW/ACT

Step 2

* Insurance advised so you don't get sued. SAU.NSW is able to apply to CAMS for insurance; but the Event may need to be run officially by the Club

* Disclaimer statements checked by a solicitor

* If part of admission goes to charity, some charities have strict conditions eg Beyond Blue

Step 3

* "All Japan Day" organisers from SA hopefully won't have an issue with you about naming your event, "All Japanese Car Show". Might be best to check with them.

Step 4

* Organise a team of helpers who can take on the responsibility of various roles/chapters

* Have set meeting dates for team members to report

Step 5

* Venue and date set in stone

* Plan B required perhaps in case of rain

* Choice of venue near toilets

* Venue requires electricity

Step 6

Roles/chapters include...

* Food/drink eg CAFE2U, your own drinks tent/marquis

* Marketing eg SAU, Facebook, Canberra Times,

* Publicity Coverage eg Canberra Times, Performance Imports, Performance Garage, Motive DVD

* Cold calls to Car Clubs setting out commitment dates

* Sponsorship eg Trojan

* Stalls

* Aftermarket products eg shirts advertising the event

* Tickets accounted for on spreadsheet

* Payment methods

* Refund procedure

* Your own photographer or videographer if unsure about magazine presence

* Certificates of Appreciation to Sponsors

* SnS trophies if there's a competition

Sounds like a great idea :)

It looks like you're already covering some bases.

• Like 1

No high horse, dyno days around here are just boring as shit.

I've been to plenty of events over the years and go to several SAU NSW club events each year.

Even put an effort to organizing some that I've never seen you attend.

With regards to the dyno aspect I think most people only want to see what there car makes (even if its not much) as they might not have an opportunity otherwise or they want a laugh etc. (Not meaning to have a go Kat, sorry if it comes across that way)

Anyway on topic. I suspect most people woulnt care which way it went (in regards to dyno/no dyno/coffee etc(japfest or whatever it was called only had very little space so limited the numbers). I mean most of us will have things on/completely forget etc so i think opening it up to more people is a good idea. Either way props to Che for tryig to organise something, im sure its a nightmare.

No high horse, dyno days around here are just boring as shit.

I've been to plenty of events over the years and go to several SAU NSW club events each year.

Even put an effort to organizing some that I've never seen you attend.

This

All of this,

Anthony - Don't farking whinge about people not going to club events when you're not even a member.

If "not on high horse" why make the comment saying "a bunch of underpowered cars" as intended as a put down. Because your car is that much better? Get over yourself. All that does it put down other peoples pride and joy, that's the attitude we want from an exec? So what if there are not cars pulling 500+KW on dyno. The whole point is to get car lovers together, irrelevant of what they drive. People should be able to rock up with whatever they want and throw it on the dyno without having to think if some people are like "oh only 115KW how pathetic". It's attitudes like that, that have pushed many people away from the car scene. and especially from dyno days.

You could have just said "Dyno days are not really my thing, but i support an event whatever it is".

Get your head out of your own ass.

/endrant

I'm down for anything. Large events that involve the car community here are far few and it would be fantastic to see some new events come up. Suppose the whole dyno thing would be added depending on the venue. If held at one of the Mechanics would be great to see dyno stuff there as well. But then again something at a park is great also. Suppose it would be good to chat to a few of the other forums and get a feel to what people feel like?

#dirtywan

Have you had any progress with how organizing is going?

Someone have a complex about his underpowered GTR? Keep your head up your ass.

I've actually organised several dyno days in Canberra. They're boring and most workshops don't want to run them. People generally turn up in all sorts including daily drive shitboxes "just to see what it can do" because it's only $50 a pop. Do you like standing around for 9 hours watching <100kw cars on a dyno? They make for a VERY LONG DAY, hence my comment.

The ACT community is somewhat lacking and always will be.

I didn't see you at Coffee and Cars supporting local events either?

I go to and help organise a lot of things which you'd know about if you looked in the NSW section at the events that we provide. As pointed out see that you're not a member.

Currently I'm talking to Nulon about a tech event (SAU NSW Club members only) where we hope to give prizes out and see club members profit from the win in the Nulon Nationals series.

Watching a 100kw car and a 500kw car on a dyno is the same thing, your comment was not directed at "long day". It was specifically written to put down cars with less power than yours.

Straight into trying to make someone feel inferior about their car, and the fact they have not paid to be a financial member. Good way of promoting club values and trying to get more people to be a financial member, nice job Kat.

It actually wasn't, it's more going from what I've seen in the past but sounds like someone has a complex! Making something that was totally not about you into an attack.

Good luck getting more than 4 Skylines to show up too.

And how can someone who is not a member of the club speak to club values?

Yep.... Lol.

Anyways, back to topic. Is there any movement with this? Pretty keen to have an exclusive Jap day where the old and new meet together. Thanks for the list Terry, seems to be a good check list to base off.

Also, in years to come you'll have Sydney snd Melbourne folk taking the trip up. Last year Tuned did a Paul Walker meet which gathered like 2k cars (or people, might be 2k entry). Which is good numbers! I'd probably suggest to get the first one off around April when Fast7 is hitting the cinemas.

Edited by RosieR34

The BNR34 10th Anniv was run in April 2010 coinciding with a F&F film launch. Universal Studios (at the request of one of our organisers Nick Galvin) donated heaps of shirts as prizes. So that might be a great idea Jeremy.