SAU Community

Eoi: All Japanese Car Show Act - 2015

dirtywan

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, ok yeah. Anyway back on topic.

Sorry for no updates, have been busy with other things, seeing as this isn't going ahead until next year, it hasn't really been a priority.

So I'm thinking that Rond Terrace (where Capital Jam was this year and last) would be a good place for the show. Has parking for spectators, plenty of room for all the cars. At this stage, a dyno day probably isn't going to happen for a number of reasons, plus as stated, they are a bit boring.

Start of April seems to be when this is going to happen, but I won't be starting to organise anything until after summernats, this time of year is a bit busy and I don't have much spare time. But if anyone is keen to volunteer, let me know. I would be looking at getting a few people from each club that are interested and getting together for a brainstorm and to organise.

Wow, ok yeah. Anyway back on topic.

Sorry for no updates, have been busy with other things, seeing as this isn't going ahead until next year, it hasn't really been a priority.

So I'm thinking that Rond Terrace (where Capital Jam was this year and last) would be a good place for the show. Has parking for spectators, plenty of room for all the cars. At this stage, a dyno day probably isn't going to happen for a number of reasons, plus as stated, they are a bit boring.

Start of April seems to be when this is going to happen, but I won't be starting to organise anything until after summernats, this time of year is a bit busy and I don't have much spare time. But if anyone is keen to volunteer, let me know. I would be looking at getting a few people from each club that are interested and getting together for a brainstorm and to organise.

Just on the note for the Dyno. You could possibly have an open class from 8am-10am and from there on have 500kw+ for entry. Not only will this attract the big power horses of Canberra it will also weed out the dreamers with their 170kw R34 GTT in Red :P etc

Anyways, I'm glad to hear this is still going on and look forward to the first event. As everyone likes to say, we've all got something going on but I really hope someone will put up their hand who has the dedication and the 'drive'.

To be honest, this is the only forum/club that has registered interest in a dyno. Hence why I'm not really bothered with getting one. Plus that as well as cost, organising a workshop that is happy to get involved, insurance, food/beverages and possible entertainment. In my experience, no one is really interested in getting their big power horses out and about, if anything they are the opposite because of sus people scoping their cars out. If anyone is interested in a dyno run, go to ultimate tunes or the likes, chuck 'em a fiddy and get them to run your car up. Static displays at where its at, because they seem to work the best, why go and reinvent the wheel. I'm all for new and different things, it's getting other people exciting as well is the hard part.

• 3 months later...

Bit of an update for those who are keen.

This is still a go ahead, discussing a venue and a time at the moment. At this stage it looks to be going ahead early May. Possibly the first weekend as there isn't much on. It's far to busy between now and then to hold anything, with different nationals coming up as well as other shows happening around Canberra.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This is a thing now!
When: Saturday 9th of May 2015
Who: Rotary Enthusiast ACT is organising the event
What: This show is open to anything Japanese. For instance, Australian delivered Japanese cars, imported cars, "JDM" cars. The organisers have the right to deny entry to vehicles they deem to be unfit.
Who can bring a vehicle: As REACT is a CAMS affiliated club, only members of REACT or other CAMS affiliated clubs are eligible to enter. A single day membership of REACT will be offered for a small amount and any profits will be donated to charity.
**Link to facebook group. Join and invite your friends.

**If a mod can post this to the original post, I am unable to edit it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone keen to volunteer for this? We need a few people to help with marshalling cars, setting up and general help throughout the day.

Send me a PM, and I'll give you some details from there. We will have another meeting in coming weeks so everyone knows what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks to go now!

Anyone interested in helping out, we will be meeting at Geoscience this Sunday (3rd of May) at around 3pm.
If you can help out that would be fantastic, and much appreciated.

i want to but my heater core has started the infamous leak and wont have time to replace prior! not sure how much coolant is good for the interior haha

Just direct it

So who's coming along to this?

Meeeee

Should still come out to spectate if your cars aren't ready or off the road.

I put my hand up to volunteer as there wasn't any interest. Depending on the time I need to get there will depend on if I can come to coffee before hand. I will let you know before hand though.