SAU Community

Hi Mount Manifold.

lcxu105

Hi everyone. Looking at making a custom made manifold for my car as the turbo I have has inturnal gate and all off the shelf units won't allow me to use it. Turbo is a gtx3076r inturnal gated. Engine is in a lc torana so not enough room to run std hi mount manifold either. Is there any rules or information on making a manifold. Do the runners have to be certain length?

post-96233-0-71041600-1411715741_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I too have the same problem with room and not being able to buy something off the shelf, I purchased a merge collector from someone who manufactures them for a living.

Thumbs up to making your own manifold to, something that not everyone can do.

Not sure if you have done this yet but I have been told that you need to rack the whole manifold together first so you can have all the runners in the right spot.

Let me know if you want the place where I got my merge collector from.

A fella here in Perth told me the standard exhaust manifold fitted in his Ranna RB25 swap.

Edited by FJ RB25

I'm making my own murge collecter. 1 will join into 2 then into 3 and the same in reverse for 6 5 and 4. Then 3 and 4 merge together in the collector just before the t3 flange. The waste gate will come off there.

Ah cool, I think I stopped buying Zoom around the 200 mark, cheeky buggers were running exactly the same cars and stories in another mag.

I will have to hunt that issue down.

Looks like you know what you are doing by those welds, look forward to seeing the end product.

No one has been able to answer my question. Is there any rules to follow with the length of the runners for the exhaust manifold

No hard and fast rules about overall length or equal length... volume, heat and velocity.

I'd be looking at merge angles, turbulence and pressure loss.

What size flange are you intending to use?