SAU Community

The [fr34k] Is Back

Worth it!

Did you love the yokos?

Despite what it looks like in the photos, it felt like I was driving a go-kart. Stuck to the road so well, improved everything about the performance of the car. Loved being able to put my foot down coming out of corners, which I think what was losing me the most time.

Edited by sleptema

• 4 weeks later...

Had my guards pumped so I could fit my slicks under without destroying them.

Also had a pretty big weekend. Put the car on a mates car trailer and went to Antilag Supercruise at Collie Motorplex (1.5 hours down south). Broke my burnout cherry, and had some very fast laps. Car held up great, and had heaps of people wanting to go for a drive (passengers allowed). I do have some go pro footage, but I cbf editing it atm. All round great day.

Sunday night took it to Barbagello Raceway. Came 11/40 with a time of 1:12, and only ran about half the night as I went home early. Had heaps of fun, but a heap scarier than any other track as there isn't much run off and you reach the top of 4th along the main straight, which leads directly into a 90 deg corner. Which is where I got the below shots :D

post-80854-0-25694100-1467087735_thumb.jpgpost-80854-0-51779500-1467087738_thumb.jpg

Car has been running absolutely mint. Brakes been holding up even after the glowing, no issues on boost whatsoever. Feels so great to have a reliable car again. I do need swaybars and a 1.5/2 way dif if I am to continue tracking it though, I do have a lot of body roll and powering out is "a qtr chicken and chips" (spinning one wheel?)

• Like 2

Love those brake-cooking shots!

Your poor guards before they were rolled! :O

So cool to read about a well-built car that goes well and is reliable too, well done!

Yeah it has taken a little bit, but I think it is finally there. Even I am amazed at how well it is holding up. Would have done well over 30 laps at Collie, and 8 laps at Barbs, and the only issue I found was my power steering fluid is leaking very slowly. I drive this thing ridiculously hard, always on boost, quick shifts, hard on the brakes, and it loves everything I throw at it.

I'm in 2 minds what I should do to it now though. I don't want to keep tracking it because I would hate to hit something and damage it because then I am without it - so I want to build a purpose built car, so do I keep modifying this? I was going to put my fuel setup in it and run it on e85, but is it even worth it if I am just going to be using it as a weekend cruiser?

• Like 1

Yeah it has taken a little bit, but I think it is finally there. Even I am amazed at how well it is holding up. Would have done well over 30 laps at Collie, and 8 laps at Barbs, and the only issue I found was my power steering fluid is leaking very slowly. I drive this thing ridiculously hard, always on boost, quick shifts, hard on the brakes, and it loves everything I throw at it.

I'm in 2 minds what I should do to it now though. I don't want to keep tracking it because I would hate to hit something and damage it because then I am without it - so I want to build a purpose built car, so do I keep modifying this? I was going to put my fuel setup in it and run it on e85, but is it even worth it if I am just going to be using it as a weekend cruiser?

How easily can you stop tracking it when you seem to love every minute of it? (As would I!) That'd be a tough decision.

How easily can you stop tracking it when you seem to love every minute of it? (As would I!) That'd be a tough decision.

I'm in the middle of buying/looking for a house, so the car is going to be put on the back burner regardless. But once I have the house, I will look around for a track car, new daily (that can tow said car) and a car trailer. It may take me a year to get to that point, but I don't think I am going to really have the money or time to track this regardless - because if something breaks I won't have endless funds or time to pour into it like I kind of do now.

Being an adult sucks :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry for not much updates. Been busy saving for/looking at houses.

BUT

Car is currently at the mechanic. New intake plenum, AI SP800 surge tank with twin walbro 460s and a DW300 intank lift, new speedflow fuel lines into a FPR2000, ethanol content sensor, wideband (and a couple small extra goodies) are installed.

The plenum is a gorgeous go-zirra motorsports. Flow tested with average 1% deviation between cylinders (compared with 6% on a genuine greddy), CNC billet in anodized black, with matching 80mm throttle body and fuel rail. Looks deluxe.

Should be getting tuned this week or next. Hoping to crack 400rwkw unopened :devil:

Stay tuned for actual figure, and when I put some decent tyres on, I'll do a fwy or tunnel pull and put it up.

Edited by sleptema
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got the car back, had it detailed. Here's a few pictures from yesterday. Had the tyres changed for Advan Neova AD08Rs 245/40 front and 265/35 rear to cope with the extra power. Still waiting for the dyno sheet.

IMG_20161026_163054.jpgIMG_20161026_171058.jpgIMG_20161026_172225.jpgIMG_20161026_172305.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not unhappy.. But disappointed that I didn't even hit the 500hp mark. I will look at going to the drags with my 050s when my 2 step is programmed in. See if I can snap something.

FR34K 34GTT.JPG

Edited by sleptema

• 2 months later...

Sorry for lack of updates. Still trying to buy a house, and I am going to Japan in a fortnight so needed to save for that.

I do have new shoes coming. They should be ready when I get back from Japan. Get rid of the rotas and replace them with Works. I won't give it all away just yet.

I also had my rb26 covers modified to suit my VCT. Once I have put the new rims on and some funds free up I'll get them painted up and put on.

• 7 months later...

Still here. Bought a house, and haven't really had funds spare to spend on the car.
Shoes are on, haven't really taken a good photo of them though. They are Work Emotion CR2P. I bought some same size all round and they didn't fit on the front on full lock, so I had to buy 2 more :'(. Anyone want to buy them? (see my sig)
IMG_20170628_103620.thumb.jpg.90048165c214a4a61014406c573d6deb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...