SAU Community

The [fr34k] Is Back

Thats a serious fuel setup!!!!!

Such a nice surge tank!!!!

My power goal for my 25/30 is 650rwhp. I would rather have too much fuel than get it on the dyno and find out I don't have enough fuel. Obviously I don't think I'll get much more than 500rwhp with my current turbo and cam setup, so this will be total overkill.

I have never had or even been in a car running serious power through e85, so I am super keen to get this tune done! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped the car off at the mechanics before I fly back out to site. They will be doing:

• Cusco arms all round + wheel allignment
  • Hardrace rear subframe bushes
  • Aluminium radiator
  • (if it arrives while I am gone) Surge tank
  • Wideband o2
  • IAT
  • Boost control solenoid
  • Ethanol content sensor

Took it to the track on Sunday, got a couple nice photos. Car got hot, fast. So mechanic will investigate why it got so hot, but he said it's more than likely my radiator. So probably putting a better one on.

post-80854-0-47029100-1456218832_thumb.jpg

post-80854-0-72042500-1456218847_thumb.jpg

post-80854-0-14275400-1456218851_thumb.jpg

Edited by sleptema
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Surge tank hasn't showed up, so no real engine work has been done.

Front has been raised a touch, all new arms are in, rear dif and subframe bushes done.

Car will be getting all above work done, plus a koyo 48mm rad, new hoses and thermostat when I fly back out. And speedflow everything.

Also got quoted $5500 for evo brembos all round, with evo 10 slotted rotors, bm57 master and braided lines. Currently after competitive quotes.

My nismo cluster and floor mats arrived. That odo reading hnnngg.

post-80854-0-61276400-1459324103_thumb.jpgpost-80854-0-17128500-1459324082_thumb.jpgpost-80854-0-05194700-1459324123_thumb.jpg

Edited by sleptema

Dropped the car off at the mechanics again before I fly out. Hopefully will be getting all the work done this time around. Hopefully I can have everything in and tuned before I am back. Will see. Stay tuned for updates :D

Also bought a GTR style wing, currently at the paint shop.

Edited by sleptema

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in a while.

Car has been put on the backburner for pretty much this month. I had a couple incorrect pays in a row so I have been a little low on cash because house is number 1 priority! Even still....

Things I have bought and are in transit:

• Nismo solid/short shifter + wavy washers
  • Nismo lug nuts
  • Nismo engine and transmission mounts
  • Braided brake lines

Things I have bought and had installed:

• DBA4000 slotted rotors
  • QF1 pads
  • GTR style spoiler

I bought the above mounts because I melted one of mine into jelly at a track day. I made the choice to get better rotors and pads because I felt I lacked the confidence to brake late, plus I need something better for when I start hitting up barbs (June 26th!!). I am also on the hunt for rims and semi slicks.

Spoiler looks good. Fitment was meh - holes JUST lined up, but the base doesn't sit flush on the boot. It's raised by 2-3mm on the boot on the inside of the legs. Being black it isn't that noticeable, but it annoys me haha.

post-80854-0-83070800-1463648442_thumb.jpg
post-80854-0-92909500-1463648444_thumb.jpg
post-80854-0-45531600-1463648448_thumb.jpg
post-80854-0-80554600-1463648508_thumb.jpg

Had a f**king shit day yesterday.

Tossed up for ages whether I was going to put on slicks because there was the chance of rain. Didn't put them on, and stayed sunny the rest of the arvo.

2nd lap, misjudged a corner came off into the grass and took the front lip off, snapped in half. Car now idling at 2000rpm, won't drop. Righto.

Go for another run, popped the elbow coming out of the turbo, day over.

Bought a new front lip, less aggressive this time. Dropping the car off at the mechanic and he can deal with it.

It doesn't rain mate, it pours. Sorry to hear it.

Isn't that the truth! Had the mechanic ring me up a the next day. Apparently I have some issues that really need sorting on the reliability side of things. The turbo oil drain hose is melted, my boost controller is failing miserably, harnesses aren't routed properly in relation to the high mount. I have given him the all clear to go to town on it to make it reliable before I continue mods.

The high idle was a vac line that someone plugged with a bolt that just blew out, and the hose couldn't take the extra boost. He is going to weld a 90 deg elbow off the turbo, eliminates the chance of that popping again.

• Like 1

Got the car back from the mechanic. New boost controller controlled by the ECU, elbow, lines. Relocated the harness through the wheel well also.

HOLY SHIT the car pulls now. And it is smooth. I never realized how awful my old controller was, because now boost comes on smooth as, and holds all the way to 7200. Feels like a completely different car!

post-80854-0-89745800-1464842269_thumb.jpg

Also threw some advan 050s on the track rims I bought. Lets hope the price was worth the grip. Sunday is the last day I get to feel my car at a small track before I take it around Barbagello. Lets hope everything holds out!

post-80854-0-67474600-1464842253_thumb.jpg

Nismo goodies in the mail! Already installed the nismo shifter, got engine and transmission mounts to go on next swing. They look rock solid, can't wait!

post-80854-0-14525500-1464842231_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

thats sick man glad your happy with it now... just gotta mention i run advan ad08r on the road and i LOVE them so im sure the 050 would be even better

keep up the progress mate its coming along very nicely..

PS.. do we get a pic of this "less agressive front lip" by any chance? ;)

thats sick man glad your happy with it now... just gotta mention i run advan ad08r on the road and i LOVE them so im sure the 050 would be even better

keep up the progress mate its coming along very nicely..

PS.. do we get a pic of this "less agressive front lip" by any chance? ;)

Cheers mate. Will hopefully get some good runs in Sunday and be able to put a couple vids up.

Yes, when it's fitted up I will share for sure. Looks so bare just having the stock bumper again.

Had some free time, so put my new nismo engine mounts on. Picture for reference (old v new). That old mount was well fuarked.

post-80854-0-31007200-1464932192_thumb.jpg

Lip had attempted delivery today, missed it by half hour :( Now not getting it until Tuesday :'(

EDIT: The absolute champion of a driver turned around and came and delivered the lip! Pics soon.

Edited by sleptema

I'm sure that you don't need to worry about the A050's.

What size wheel tyre on the front?

18x9.5+22 255/40

I ended up raising the suspension slightly and adjusting the damper in the coilover and now it doesn't scrub.