SAU Community

Suspensin Help

hi guys, i took my r32 gtst on the track for a bit of fun with some mates. we were just having a grib race but after they started drifting. i joined in to see what my car can do but it was all over the place. the only drive train mods the car has is height adjustable coilovers all round and big front brakes. it still has hicas which i plan to install lock out bar because i have heard hicas is death when drifting. i was just wondering what people use from steering knuckles, front wheel camber degrees. also with the lockout bar i heard i need to use a r33 power steering pump or something like that. i am not trying to make a crazy drift car, i just want some that can hold a drift while still been easy to drive on the street.

on another note, the steering is very heavy which was one of the factors in my epic spin outs, could that be caused by the power steering pump is faulty?

There are quite a few threads around, even some recent ones, talking about heavy steering (and unresponsive steering which is a different issue) and all the possible causes.

There are also threads about modifying LCAs and knuckles and stuff for drifting.

There are 5 hundred bajillion threads about locking out HICAS and what you do and do not have to do (and changing the PS pump is one of those things that you DO NOT have to do, unless you want to).

I suggest you do some search and read. Use google to search the forums too. Much better.

Hicas lock bar, a locking diff and a good clutch is all you need for drifting. Standard R32 lock is more than enough for you at the moment. It's not until you are hitting lock stops every time that you need to worry about that.

Changing to R33 power steering pump is not required. There is a tutorial on here somewhere that shows you how to do everything.