SAU Community

Bogging Down - Launch

Adz2332

I'm sure the tune not being complete wouldn't be helping at all. That's trapping low also.

Get tune and anti lag sorted then post the timimg slip! I'm sure you will be happier then :)

Hmm that trap speed is WAY down, I was running higher than that with much lower numbers on a hub dyno - I was expecting at least 10mph more!

Good luck sussing it out, hope it's nothing to major causing the lag etc :wacko:

yer dont get me wrong the tune is no where near complete and a few other things to sort out......

wil lgo back when its done.

Its just i havent had any time at a prepared drag strip before. like i had no bogging down t mallala doing the drags but that is just a race way unprepared etc

bogging down... launch harder.. 5000+ maybe up the tyre pressure so you try and free spin and then work your tyre pressure down from there.... no need really to use antilag/ launch control free revving is fine, but if your computer has it it will assist. dont side step the cluctch either, rid it a bit aswell, this will help with your launch and also your bogging down issue :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Missed this thread so posting a bit late.

Check your flywheel and clutch cover assembly weight, heavy is good for hard launches with sticky rubber on GTR's.

The mass assists reducing bog downs, stored energy for when you let the clutch out.

Lighter assemblies tend to head towards bogdowns.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Slicks without using anti-lag/2-step/launch control on a slightly modified turbo car is pointless ESP on a RWD or 4WD car. Your car makes no power out of boost (well slightly less than a non-turbo equivalent of your motor.) Car is not making enough power out of boost to even challenge slicks

Depends on the car and what you consider "slightly modified"

My 32 would be considered slightly modified with simple bolt ons and with Toyo TQ drag radials I got a bit carried away with launch rpm and spun all 4 and nearly ran over the Christmas tree :D

• Like 1

Depends on the car and what you consider "slightly modified"

My 32 would be considered slightly modified with simple bolt ons and with Toyo TQ drag radials I got a bit carried away with launch rpm and spun all 4 and nearly ran over the Christmas tree :D

Lol that might be driver mod :rolleyes::yes: my Evo 8 with 550whp would spin all "THREE" too, not entirely sure what setups come on the GT'rs whether they have true lsd's F/R or just Rear LSD and a gripper or open lsd in front.

Slightly modded might be upgraded ECU / boost levels etc, bolt-on turbo upgrade, 3" Downpipage/3" TBE could be a multitude of other parts, but i consider that to be "slight modification"

Also to OP: Dead-hooking will and can snap axles/shear hubs/diffs I snapped my stage 3 B5 Audi S4 axles launching it off 2-step (12lbs .9bar) at the track

Edited by 350_GT

I have what you listed except turbos, still stock, yeah 3 wheels would be a better way of saying it, true machanical LSD rear with open front, heavy rear sway bar helps front traction in straight line so mine will spin all four if launched to hard :D

• Like 1