SAU Community

R32 Door Hinges And Door Removal

nite_r32

Hi guys,

Proud new owner of an r32 gtst. Unfortunately, the driver's door hinges are completely worn, so the door sags noticeably when open - even clips the side skirt when closing.

Now my question is two fold:

-I got some new door hinges from Nissan. I'm thinking I should replace that door stay thing (the door helper link/stopper) while the door is off. Does anybody have the part number for this for a driver's side 2-door r32?

Also, how does that thing attach to the body? On the door side there is a pin, which i'll have to bash out (so at minimum, i'll need to order a new pin from Nissan?)

-Will I need to remove the front guard to get to the hinges (looks like I do?)

All info appreciated!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on buying your car mate.

Firstly remove your door card and undo all of your wiring.

Then you need to get a hammer and TAP the pin up from below nice and gently and hit it straight or you will bend it and not be able to remove it. You won't need a new pin. Then get some pliers and remove the rest of the way. (May have to hold pin with pliers and tap pliers with hammer if it's to tight)

Then unbolt the door from the hinges 12/13 mil socket or spanner can't remember.

If you have nobody to help you hold the door, just rest your legs under it when your on your last bolt so not to damage any paint.

Once the doors off you can remove the hinges. No need to remove the guard.

Then repeat process in reverse to put back together.

Congratulations on buying your car mate.

Firstly remove your door card and undo all of your wiring.

Then you need to get a hammer and TAP the pin up from below nice and gently and hit it straight or you will bend it and not be able to remove it. You won't need a new pin. Then get some pliers and remove the rest of the way. (May have to hold pin with pliers and tap pliers with hammer if it's to tight)

Then unbolt the door from the hinges 12/13 mil socket or spanner can't remember.

If you have nobody to help you hold the door, just rest your legs under it when your on your last bolt so not to damage any paint.

Once the doors off you can remove the hinges. No need to remove the guard.

Then repeat process in reverse to put back together.

Thanks mate, exactly what I'm after! Relieved to hear the guard doesn't need to come off.

Cheers.

Just to add to this in case someone has a similar issue.

While the guard doesn't need to come off, it's possible you'll have to adjust the hinges as I did. To do this, you'll need to undo the guard a little and move it out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, i just did my hinges. ~$110 including delivery from RHDJapan for all 4 hinges. Numbers on the packages were;

Right side top: H0400-01U00 55981 (140612)
Right side bottom: H0401-01U00 55980 (140418)
Left side top: H0401-01U00 55983 (141014)
Left side bottom: H0400-01U00 55982 (140922)

From looking at them, i think all you need to order is 2 x H0400-01U00, and 2x H0401-01U00, ie right top and left bottom are identical. I haven't come across an instance where the XXXXX-YYYYY number is insufficient to fully describe the part, and that appears to be the case here too. No idea what the other numbers are.

I did it this way;

Remove front bar
Remove front guards
Leave doors closed and replace locks one at a time
Check door hang and adjust hinge to body bolts while propping door up to correct height
Use torque wrench on bolts, they are not strong...

FYI, i just did my hinges. ~$110 including delivery from RHDJapan for all 4 hinges. Numbers on the packages were;

From looking at them, i think all you need to order is 2 x H0400-01U00, and 2x H0401-01U00, ie right top and left bottom are identical. I haven't come across an instance where the XXXXX-YYYYY number is insufficient to fully describe the part, and that appears to be the case here too. No idea what the other numbers are.

I did it this way;

Remove front bar

Remove front guards

Check door hang and adjust hinge to body bolts while propping door up to correct height

You got a good deal with the prices there, I ordered from Nissan and paid $33 per hinge. How long did it take for them to arrive from rhdjapan?

• 1 month later...

I did it this way;

Remove front bar

Remove front guards

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I figured it'd be better to bump one than to post another to ask the same question.

Will the parts you got from RHD fit on a HCR32? The parts say that they're compatible with a BNR32, and I have no idea if they're interchangeable.

Cheers.

Sorry, no idea. On one hand I cant see why Nissan would not use the same parts, but on the other hand RHD usually show all the models that are compatible, so if HCR32 is not there, you'd want to get confirmation from FAST before ordering. Or just contact them;

Email sig for RHD has email address.

Russell Hobbs
Patrick Antell
RHDJapan
Please do not reply to this email. Please reply to [email protected]

Sorry, no idea. On one hand I cant see why Nissan would not use the same parts, but on the other hand RHD usually show all the models that are compatible, so if HCR32 is not there, you'd want to get confirmation from FAST before ordering. Or just contact them;

Email sig for RHD has email address.

Russell Hobbs
Patrick Antell
RHDJapan
Please do not reply to this email. Please reply to [email protected]

Yeah, I can't see why either, but the last thing I want to do is get the parts and find out that they don't fit. I sent them an e-mail yesterday morning and haven't had a response yet. If I don't get one by tonight I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks mate.

• 2 years later...