SAU Community

Bnr32 - Track Only Build

And so it begins...this build is going to be very different to '1 OF A'

The aim will be to keep everything standard where possible AND to use up all the parts I have gathered up from the previous build which I am guessing most of you reading this would have seen by now?

• Like 1

Hell yes, been waiting for you to apply your efforts from 1 OF A into a track orientated build!

Very interested in reading this one and seeing how it all pans out for you.

No doubt ill get some bad ideas from this but thats what its all about!

Keep up the good work Robbie, i expect plenty of pics!

Just trying to understand the idea. Standard as possible and track don't usually go together. What track stuff are you doing?

You're right there Richard! Standard gearbox, diffs, brakes, suspension arms, body work

For the medium term it will just be local track events at Qld Raceway and Lakeside, all of which I believe will be non CAMS sanctioned events such as the time attack series (run by Paul Ruzic)

Hell yes, been waiting for you to apply your efforts from 1 OF A into a track orientated build!

Very interested in reading this one and seeing how it all pans out for you.

No doubt ill get some bad ideas from this but thats what its all about!

Keep up the good work Robbie, i expect plenty of pics!

Cheers Aaron! Definitely aiming to contain the dollars on this one but mate. Will get some photos up soon

In.

Just a heads up though, I wouldn't bother with a Cusco cage if you're planning on doing any CAMS events.

Thanks heaps Tim, I hear ya. Just unsure if I will ever get the time/money etc to get into any CAMS events...

Cusco cage is approx. $1,500 delivered and if things did change it would be reasonably straight forward to pull it out, sell it off and go for a CAMS certified weld in cage

I guess I should talk to a few fabricators here in Bris and get some quotes...can anyone RECOMMEND A ROLL CAGE FABRICATOR IN/AROUND BRISBANE?

Also, would be great to hear from others who have a CAMS spec cage already installed to get an idea of what it cost etc...

Will be a great build, good to see it will get used too!

In regards to cages, im getting an AGI CAMS spec bolt in half cage for the events I want to do in Vic. This will only cost me 650 (delivery would be extra if your not in NSW).

They do them all from bolt in half/full cages and also weld in, however that may not work for you.

Their quality looks spot on, and they just look professional.

Worth a look if your willing to spend 1500 on a non CAMS cage!

Best of luck with the build!

• Like 1

Will be a great build, good to see it will get used too!

In regards to cages, im getting an AGI CAMS spec bolt in half cage for the events I want to do in Vic. This will only cost me 650 (delivery would be extra if your not in NSW).

They do them all from bolt in half/full cages and also weld in, however that may not work for you.

Their quality looks spot on, and they just look professional.

Worth a look if your willing to spend 1500 on a non CAMS cage!

Best of luck with the build!

Thanks so much for the info Brady!! Greatly appreciated mate. I've called and organised a cage with Dave from AGI. My initial impressions, as you mention, are that AGI are a very professional outfit who pump out a ton of quality work.

I called this morning and Dave had emailed me detailed info and designs within an hour or so! Some photos he sent through of their R32 cages:

cage3.jpg

cage2.jpg

I went with this:

C) Full Cage (6 point) Bolt-in – Main hoop, double diagonal brace (through hoop), backstays, lateral bars (front legs), windscreen top cross bar, harness bar with eyelets, and single door bars

· Mid Level specification – State Level race meetings or Drifting

· Supply: $1,600 inc GST

cage4.jpg

cage5.jpg

Notes:

o AGI Bolt-in roll cage kits are painted in a Satin Black (low glare) finish.

o Roll cage kits come complete with lower plates and high tensile fasteners.

o Roll Cage tubing is CAMS compliant 350 MPA CDS Mild Steel. MIG Welded.

o CAMS Roll Cage documentation is provided with kit. Please advise your VIN/chassis number when the build is complete so we can complete the documentation.

o Please note that the regulations have changed for CAMS approved roll cages from the JAN 2012. Additional bar work is required at a National level while some existing roll cage coupling designs have now been outlawed. Our 2014 spec roll cage kits meet the new requirements.

o If you’re intending to fit the kit yourself, please note that all our bolt-in roll cages are pre-drilled (roll cage connector to corresponding tube) unlike some kits on the market. We also check for accuracy and fitment on our in-house roll cage jig (see attached photo). If you’re comparing our roll cages to that of a rival product, please make sure your comparing like for like. Some bolt-in kits are not CAMS compliant while other kits don’t simply ‘bolt-in’ as suggested and require days of modification to install.

Is anyone running Sparco seats...?

1. http://www.racedeal.com/shop/item/sparco-sprint-v-seat

The next step up more than double the price!

2. http://www.racedeal.com/shop/item/evo-black

Can anyone offer feedback on either of these two options?

I was also looking at Velo options....

Ah perfect mate no worries, just spoke today to Dave myself (Adam is a SEMA lucky bastard!!) and ordered my half cage. Ive seen them up close, they are good cages dont think youll be unhappy. Plus for 100 dollars more youve got a CAMS spec cage, win!

I have a Sparco Pro2000 on a bride rail in mine. Bolted straight in, and hugs tight. Wouldnt want to be an over weight individual though haha.

• Like 1