SAU Community

What Have You Towed With Your Stagea Lately?

Duncan

On 16/09/2016 at 7:31 AM, Duncan said:

Onky just realised that's a 5 door 1600....unusual!

We've been dragging the Leaf all around the state for the hillclimb champs, since the post above we've been to Grafton, Tamworth, Raymond Terrace and off to Canberra next weekend. Still going great, and yes we only get 250 to tank.....effortless but thirsty!

golden-electric-guitar.jpg

Looks awesome mate!

Love the wheel choice!

I don't suppose you would be willing to take some photos of where your tow bar mounts for me would you mate?

On 16/09/2016 at 7:31 AM, Duncan said:

Onky just realised that's a 5 door 1600....unusual!

We've been dragging the Leaf all around the state for the hillclimb champs, since the post above we've been to Grafton, Tamworth, Raymond Terrace and off to Canberra next weekend. Still going great, and yes we only get 250 to tank.....effortless but thirsty!

golden-electric-guitar.jpg

Technically an 8 door. There were three more in the back of the Stag.

I did take some pics of how it is mounted, not sure how helpful they will be though because there's really only 1 way to do it and anyone doing it should know how....

DS mounting to chassis rail from the outside

stag-tow-mount1.jpg

DS mounting to chassis rail from inside

stag-tow-mount2.jpg

Additional central mounting (through plate welded in spare wheel well)

stag-tow-mount3.jpg

No pics of the PS mounting because it's under the exhaust, heat shield and exhaust hanger mount.  But its the same as DS

Where it sits, it was made for non Dayz kit which made this install a pain back in the day

stag-tow-mount4.jpg

• 5 years later...

This thread needs resurrection. Normally I use a Q7 for towing duties but that's been purloined for school run duties lately so I had to resort to using Farmtruck to pick up some pipes from the local rural supplies depot. First of two loads, which were better secured than it looks in the photo...

20220412_103554.thumb.jpg.600047fdc5c28edffee38f2369dc60f1.jpg

• Like 3