SAU Community

800Hp R34 Gtt 'rb34'

Probably more of an EOI as I didnt think I would ever sell this.. but here goes....

1998 R34 GTT White. 2nd owner in Australia. Originally purchased by Stan 'Satanic' from North Shore Prestige as stock turbo auto car with 31,000km on it in 2006. I have a long history with this car, as Stan brought it to me to help with modding it from day 1. I dont beleive there is a bolt or wire in this car I have not touched.

I purchased it from Stan in 2010 with a built auto and RB30 setup. The below build took 18 months, completed in October 2013.

Car now has a genuine 81,000km on the chassis and the whole setup below is about 8000km old. Overall condition of the car is great, there is some stone chips in the paint mainly in the front of the car, and the entire vehicle could do with a cut and polish as I dont think its ever been done before. Headlights are clean and clear. There is one small dent in the passenger door. Interior condition is great, theres light 'gunking' of some of the coated plastic parts which is normal for GTT's. The front bar has a fiberglass Nismo lower lip which has seen better days. Nismo clear indicators too - front and side.

For the mechanicals, im going to list as much as I can remember off the top of my head....

• RB30 S2 Engine Block - Duncan Foster machined and prepped. 87mm Bore. Internally clearanced for stroker kit. New welsh plugs, grub screwed oil galleries, head stud threads tapped for RB26 studs, block face modded for high idler.
  • Spool 3.4L 94mm Stroker Kit - 4340 Billet Crank, I-Beam Rods, CP Pistons. Blueprinted as per Spool specs.
  • ACL Race main and big end bearings, ARP2000 main studs, L19 rod bolts, Ross balancer, Nismo engine mounts.
  • Titan Motorsports H11 head stud kit, Tomei RB26 MLS head gasket
  • Tomei oil pump, 1 blocked oil feed, 1 tomei restrictor in the other.
  • Spool baffled and extended sump.

• RB26 Cylinder Head - releived for high lift cams, rear oil drain. Ported exhaust side, deburred intake side.
  • Stock RB26 intake & throttles with Cometic gaskets.
  • Supertech 1mm oversize intake and exhaust valves, Supertech guides, Supertech dual valve springs, Ti retainers.
  • Tomei Procam 260 10.8mm in/ex cams with Tomei buckets, HKS adjustable cam gears.
  • Mine's cam cover baffles, HiOctane catch can.
  • HKS thermostat oil cooler kit, 40mm alloy radiator, silicon hoses throughout.

• 6Boost twin scroll manifold, Turbosmart 50mm ProGate, swappable screamer/plumb back.
  • Precision 6466 Twin scroll T4 AR1.00 - 4" Dump to magnaflow mid muffler, 4" HKS Stainless catback to HKS Ti Muffler.
  • 100mm Intercooler
  • LS2 D585 Ignition system, mounts coil on plug. BCPR7ES plugs.

• Bosch EV14 2000cc injectors, Aeroflow dual entry fuel rail, Turbosmart FPR2000 fuel regulator, 200 series hose used throughout.
  • Stock pump in-tank as lift pump, -6AN 200 Series Teflon out of the tank to undercar surge tank with 2x Bosch 044 Pumps
  • Dual -8AN 200 series Teflon feed lines to fuel rail, single -6AN Teflon return. ZERO fuel smell in the car.
  • ODYSSEY dry-cell mounted in the boot.

• Xtreme Chromo Flywheel, Jim Berry Full Monty clutch. Flywheel is doweled to the crank with three 8mm tool steel dowels. ARP flywheel bolts.
  • R33 RB25 Gearbox with OS Giken gearset, upgraded to new style syncros as per Series 3 R33 GTR 5 speed.
  • OS Giken 1.5way Diff
  • HEL Braided clutch line

• Nismo S-Tune Suspension
  • Whiteline front sway bar
  • Hardrace rear camber arms
  • HEL Braided brake lines front and rear
  • ABS is retained and operational
  • RDA Rotors front and rear
  • QFM A1Rm Pads front and rear
  • Extended wheel studs front and rear
  • Enkei RPF-1 in SBC colour - 18x9 front 18x10 rear

• Haltech R34 GTT Pro Plugin ECU
  • Haltech IQ3 Racepak GPS Datalogger Dash
  • Haltech CAN Wideband Controller Kit
  • Haltech Boost Control Solenoid
  • Haltech 4Bar MAP Sensor
  • Haltech IO12 Expander Box
  • Haltech 6port CAN Hub
  • Haltech Flex Fuel Sensor
  • Haltech Engine Oil Pressure Sensor
  • Haltech Fuel Pressure Sensor
  • Haltech Coolant Pressure Sensor
  • Haltech Intake Air Temperature Sensor

• Nismo dash cluster, Nismo Triple Gauge cluster. Dash cluster odometer was adjusted to match original odometer reading.
  • Nardi Personal Steering Wheel.
  • Sony touchscreen DVD head unit.

The Haltech takes care of all engine duties, boost control, full flex fuel, engine protection etc. The IQ3 dash is a logger style with datalogging to microSD card. It logs all the time. Also has internal accelerometer and GPS mapping. There is a huge amount of IO left on the IO Expander which I had planned on running wheel speed into for traction control.

GTT Engine harness has been modified to suit the RB26 head, TPS adapted to RB26 throttle linkage, ignition and injection harnesses made to suit. It looks stock.

With an agressive tune and 29PSI boost the car has made a personal best of 614RWKW/820RWHP. However the Cometic MLS gasket in the engine at the time didnt like this much power and was leaking. I have since replaced the gasket with a Tomei item and put new Titan head studs in. The car has not been run on the high boost tune since this work was done. I drive it at least once a week with a 22psi tune in it which is about 450RWKW, plenty enough for the street and to have some fun in.

I built the car for response and this has definitely been acheived. It makes over 300rwkw at 4000rpm, and builds boost whenever you put your foot down. I find myself cruising around at 60-70k's in 5th and not needing to change down gears to overtake or go up hills. Its effortless power. Full boost on the street is reached around 3500rpm.. Ive attached a datalog showing how responsive the engine is at 26psi..

With ~500rwkw the car has run an 11.0 @ 137mph at Sydney Dragway on MT ET Streets. At Cootamundra airport on a 'street' surface it ran 11.3 @ 147mph.

I have plenty of pics from the most recent build here: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/415472-gtt034-the-second-time-around/

$34,000 ono

I will not be providing joy rides to dreamers. Might be interested in swaps for a Evo X or something GTR and don't mind if there needs to be a cash adjustment either way.

post-16325-0-67364100-1415846648_thumb.jpg

post-16325-0-58309600-1415846834_thumb.jpg

post-16325-0-33291100-1415846853_thumb.jpg

post-16325-0-71489300-1415846860_thumb.jpg

post-16325-0-97724500-1415847101_thumb.jpg

post-16325-0-14889700-1415849970_thumb.jpg

post-16325-0-62593900-1415849984_thumb.jpg

post-16325-0-18558000-1415850147_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...