SAU Community

1000Cc Injectors Too Big?

beenowened

Im looking at now running my car on e85, since there is now 2 servos within 5 minutes of my place selling it. The car is fairly standard still running 12psi, tuned, 3" exhaust, front mount etc the basic power mods.

With that the standard injectors are already running at around 88-90% duty cycle which doesn't leave any head room for the extra flow the e85 will need. So to do this i will need to upgrade the injectors i was looking at the Xspurt 1000cc injectors and changing to a top feed fuel rail and upgrading to the walbro e85 fuel pump at the same time and getting it retuned, with doing that i have enough flow for a future turbo upgrade without having to buy injectors twice.

Will these injectors be too big to be able to get a good tune out of them at such a low power level?( reading around about them shows they are more them equiped to have the engine idleing well and give good off boost driveability but does that translate to being able to be tuned well for low power levels) or am i best off getting a set of s15 480cc injectors but then having to upgrade again down the track?

cheers

I have some from scotty brand new unused xspurt 1000cc. Never taken out of pack.

$550

Modern top feed injectors rule. Great idle and control. I am using 725 cc injectors , obviously never installed the 1000cc ones, but people rave about them. Gone are the dark days!