SAU Community

Post Your Evo

PranK

Thats gunna be a pretty epic setup Tom id imagine you will be seeing around 30psi in around the 3500 zone pretty comfortably.

How hard you planning on leaning on the 7670?

Love to see the results of this please keep us updated :)

I'm selling a precision 6466 with JMF 1.5" runner ceramic coated manifold and turbosmart 45mm pro gate. Good for comfortable 500kw.

Downsizing for response to BW EFR7670, twin scroll, twin gates.

Any predictions for boost threshold on a 2.3 stroker, +1mm intake and exhaust valves and kelford 280s? I know the cams aren't ideal for response but couldn't be bothered changing them.

That sounds awesome!

Maybe you want to start a build thread? There'd be a lot of people keen on watching progress.

Will keep you updated :)

Fab work is being done now. Running clamps on intercooler piping, the whole works.

I will lean on the 7670 hard, but need to be careful of overspinning. So I doubt it will see more than 30psi. Not sure if it will make 400awkw, but would be pretty happy if I can get 30psi by 3500. I reckon it will be closer to 3900, but we will see. I'm only interested in area under the curve as I get older haha

• 1 month later...

Hey fellas,

First post, so thought I'd share my EVO 9 with you all:

_DSC8285_zpsc720ee49.jpg

_DSC8288_zps18e9300e.jpg

_DSC8289_zpsa8325615.jpg

_DSC8302_zps929f1a43.jpg

_DSC8315_zps2c4316f1.jpg

_DSC8308_zps23cea1c1.jpg

_DSC8316_zps9ad7cb4a.jpg

Will hopefully own an R34 GT-R in about a years time, but for now this is my beast. Hope you guys like it!

All photos were taken by myself as well. If you guys like my photos, like my facebook page! Would be much appreciated :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photos-by-vampz/1525230594382954

Thanks,
Thai.

Edited by vampzzz
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Who knew there was an EVO section on SAU.

Here's mine as it currently stands. Will be getting war paint soon however.

EVO X RS - specifically purchased to do Bathurst 6hr and a few other smaller motorsport events.

11904113_10154140888767564_4735220160580

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ErinH said:

This is mine, had it for a little over a year now. Who'd have thought how much of a headache the older evos are! Gotta replace the gearbox in this one soon

Niceeee, these are going up in price, i remember back in 2012 these were selling for 13k. Now for a clean one, 18k minimum.. I suspect it was due to these becoming legal to import in canada after their 15 year import rule.

Unlucky with the gearbox though! Usually these gearboxes are bullet proof, i suspect the trans has encountered some launching/high torque in its life, id probably look into reconditioning the transfer case as well. I know a few evo 6/tme owners with the original box and its still going strong, even with 300+awkw pumped through it.