SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

12 hours ago, klutched said:

Man the cooling panel looks mint! I'm gonna have to get one for mine soon I think! 

What tyres and alignment are you running? I managed a 1.8 60ft with my 255 RS3's coming off the line with 12psi. Have you tried letting your tyres down? I think I ran that with about 16psi in mine.

I think I have the alignment sheet somewhere in the glovebox but I'll grab it tomorrow and PM you about it. I dropped to 18psi but was not game enough to go any lower. Running Pilot Sport 4s with coilovers wound down to complete soft then went 1/4 then 1/2 stiff. Any suggestions?

Edit: Cooling panel was <80 delivered I think, definitely worth it :D 

10 hours ago, Lithium said:

What kind of times and trap speeds were you getting, that aside?   Trap speeds usually give an idea of where you could end up still :)

Hmm, I think it was 178 and 180 most of the day - How does that sound in 1/4 mile? 

Yeah 180km/h is definitely good for a low 12. Just gotta practice your launches. You get it close to a 2.0-2.1 should get your around mid 12. 

18psi should have plenty of grip at the strip still. Maybe youre slipping the clutch too much off the line? I found I had to slip it a little and let it straight out otherwise I'd bake first and then second.

Also run my coilovers on softest setting, well 2 clicks off.

7 hours ago, kingtube69 said:

f**k photobucket. For those who haven't read or heard about it, they are charging $400 a year for third party linking. 
Maybe one day I'll re upload all my pictures. 

imgur all the way.

• Like 1

Some weird shit happened last night. As soon as I would put the clutch in, it would stall then as I rolled into the petrol station stalled again, stalled again, stalled again. Sort of sounded like it had no fuel so I filled it up with 35 liters and it drove fine for the rest of the night. I'll pull the pump out and check it but this is the first time this has ever happened to me. 

So after Photobucket messed up my whole thread, I decided to use imgur. One day I may get around to re-uploading every picture but for now I can't be bothered. 

I found a neat steering wheel up for sale and picked it up today. For a 20 year old steering wheel I would say it's about a 9/10. Old vs New below

07VMVDI.jpg
7oNsghS.jpg
Tb4hjpH.jpg
HGFxatT.jpg

No pictures for today but a bit of an update. Following that weird stalling issue from last week, it sort of started again today but I noticed it after I gave it a few blips and put the clutch back in because there was some horrendous traffic in the Blue Mountains earlier today so I came home, ripped out the fuel pump and cleaned it all up, redid some of the pump wiring and cleaned the filter on the pump which was quite black.

While I had everything out of the boot, I thought I would get rid of the HICAS dash light using @Dose Pipe Sutututu's guide (Thank you Johnny!) then put everything back together and cleaned it up. 

I'll be pulling the turbo off within the next few weeks and sending it to Tao to get CBB installed then book it for a retune at JEM

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've been having some weird issues with my car lately namely the stalling but I think it may have to do with my TPS (I noticed the AVCR isn't reading it and the Haltech software is also not reading it). I recently also got my first flat tire which was a massive pain because they were <15000km old. 

Since then I've changed my front sway bar links, started collecting brake parts (thanks to Johnny)
dcjnyw8.jpg
96LmGpW.jpg

I also got d!cked by a cop the other night for using the right hand lane near Nasho (at midnight a few hundred meters from the entry which he could clearly see I was heading towards) which carries two demerit points, two which I couldn't spare. I'll try to go on good behavior so I'll probably be driving this car a lot less in the coming months. 

• Like 2

Waiting for my PMU Brake shoes and brake shims to come in next week while I'm on holidays and also waiting for braided brake lines to come from Johnny (thank you again!!!!) then I'll press on with my brake upgrade/service. Tossing up between a few different fluids either Penrite RBF (315 Deg) or just Super Dot 4 (275 Deg) then I'll be all done 

My mate bought some Recaro's for his car recently but they needed a clean so he rented a carpet cleaner and we cleaned them up. While doing that I pulled all my seats out of my car and did them too. This is the result from my seats only 

7WGytW5.jpg

23 hours ago, admS15 said:

If you're going to do track days then go the rbf fluid otherwise the super dot 4 is plenty good enough for street and hill runs.

I don't really know what I plan on doing with it to be honest but may as well get the RBF for the sake of it just in case I do. Also put my seats back in tonight, it seems my drivers seat is ripping like they all do :( Might be getting some new seats sooner at this rate.

I went to a particular Skyline wrecker recently, they wanted $1500 for two GTR seats and over $2500 for the full set, front back and door cards which I thought was a bit ridiculous so I'll look elsewhere or just get some other seats for wider gentlemen such as myself. 

A bunch of stuff came today for me 

Brake shoes
smw9HOu.jpg

Brake shims
p6OWQIE.jpg

HKS AFM delete pipe before/after polish
ytvsgnC.jpg
f1D9Law.jpg
IfT9zlE.jpg

I also found a paint shop that I trust with my car so I will be getting the entire front end resprayed in a few weeks for around $1200.

Changed my brakes finally today thanks to @Dose Pipe Sutututu for hooking me up with the final pieces 

i4r8YmG.jpg
wyzls4e.jpg
J2OoWeZ.jpg

I really took my time with the brakes to make sure they were done properly and I was happy with them. I also ended up with Motul RBF 600 @admS15 - I steered away from the lower spec Penrite. 

I didn't think the handbrake would be as effective as it is with the new pads but I proved myself wrong when I ripped it and it locked up perfectly. RDA recommend taking it easy for about 500kms so I won't know how great the brakes are until then but my initial impressions are that they are nice and quiet and very bitey. 

Been having subframe issues too so I'm going to chuck a set of lock washers in the lower part of the bush to fix it up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 9:34 AM, admS15 said:

Whats the new car?

Got a GU Patrol for 4WD fun times. 
I'm going to keep the Skyline and sell the Pulsar. I drove the Skyline the other day and holy crap its so weird to get used to :/

Johnny also helped touch up my tune but I'm yet to load it up (will do it this weekend!)

• Like 2