SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

On 10/12/2017 at 3:08 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I'll setup anti-lag to shoot flames and scare hondas.

Will make you happy.

Hahaha yes please :P

I told Johnny the other day but I went full retard and uploaded the tune I sent him originally the other day instead of the modified one. I'll take it out this week sometime and upload the proper one lol 

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2017 at 3:10 PM, Milkmun said:

Hey man, reckon you could take a pic of your cooling panel as I’m about to buy one from them as well. Any issues with installation or closing/opening the bonnet? Thanks 

Hey mate sorry for not replying sooner, I've been pretty flat out lately. I can take some pics in the morning. I didn't have any issues but they sent @klutched the wrong one and were adamant that it was right until we sent them a photo of mine (they also tried saying my car is a S1 hahahaha).

I haven't done a lot with this car lately besides drive it around. I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously but I discovered I still need pineapples with my Superpro subframe bushes. Both Me and a friend have the same issue where the subframe isn't hard against the body of the car. He called a manager at Superpro and he said we need Superpro KIT201K to go along with the bushes which I think is a bit shithouse. 

Since getting my Patrol I've probably neglected this car more than I should but I started a job which allows me to have two toys. Break one, fix one, repeat. 

I'm looking to get a more responsive setup and open to suggestions if anyone wants to share their input. I'd like 300kw on 98 and more on e85 obviously but power closer to 4000 would be nice. 

Was supposed to go to get the respray quoted last weekend but forgot and ran out of time before the shop closed so I'll go this weekend probably. 

Lastly, looking for some drag tyres and GTR wheels (@jmknights93?????) so I can go get some more runs in at the drags. 

Thanks for reading! no new pics yet until I actually do something useful with my car lol

• Like 1

I think putting bushes then pineapples defeats the purpose of doing either one doesnt it? Ive got bushes and it seems fine, except my subframe isnt central :(

What setup are you running atm? I'll be selling my complete hotside (turbo, manifold, gate, custom dump and exhaust) soon if youre interested? 

And GTR wheels aren't too bad if your subframe is straight haha, mine scrubs on the guard on one side. I had mine all adjusted at squat and camber pushed out close to the guards. Ended up with -1.3* at squat and like -0.3* no load. Gotta add maybe another half degree of neg so it doesnt scrub. 

15 hours ago, klutched said:

I think putting bushes then pineapples defeats the purpose of doing either one doesnt it? Ive got bushes and it seems fine, except my subframe isnt central :(

What setup are you running atm? I'll be selling my complete hotside (turbo, manifold, gate, custom dump and exhaust) soon if youre interested? 

And GTR wheels aren't too bad if your subframe is straight haha, mine scrubs on the guard on one side. I had mine all adjusted at squat and camber pushed out close to the guards. Ended up with -1.3* at squat and like -0.3* no load. Gotta add maybe another half degree of neg so it doesnt scrub. 

Thats what my thoughts were to be honest but I don't really have any choice. Can see the whole subframe lift about 10-20mm when you jack up the diff/subframe. 

Running stock mani with return flow Hypergear ATR45SAT 3" all the way back. 
Tao recommends upgrading to a good cooler (what are you  running???) and getting the ball bearing upgrade for the turbo which should bring boost on around 500rpm sooner which would be awesome. 

Message me when you are pulling all the gear off and we can discuss :D 

And you cant do the nuts up more? That's so strange... 

Lmao idk what mine is, some cheap chinese one i'm assuming. Will be upgrading to a plazmaman 100mm down the track though.

ATR45 should boogie, I punched out my cat when I did my cams to free up some flow on my 3" exhaust. Hasn't everyone agreed that return coolers are shit haha? Can't remember what Tao recommends for a good budget cooler. And yeah BB upgrade will give better response. 

17 hours ago, klutched said:

And you cant do the nuts up more? That's so strange... 

Lmao idk what mine is, some cheap chinese one i'm assuming. Will be upgrading to a plazmaman 100mm down the track though.

ATR45 should boogie, I punched out my cat when I did my cams to free up some flow on my 3" exhaust. Hasn't everyone agreed that return coolers are shit haha? Can't remember what Tao recommends for a good budget cooler. And yeah BB upgrade will give better response. 

Yeah they are all the way tight. Lol you have awesome results for a Chinese cooler lol. Mine definitely is good just laggier than I want. Tao recommends PWR core so I may look at that too. 

No pics but I put my subframe spacer thingos from Superpro in my 33 tonight. Was a bit of a PITA especially because one set has a split in them and when you torque the subframe nuts down it bows them out and they open up a bit. My brother had the idea to cable tie them shut, install then cut the ties. Worked well and when I went for a drive I noticed a massive difference now the subframe wasn't hanging (everytime i hit a bump you could feel it banging  around same with driving)

Overall, I'm not impressed with superpro stuff, this is three separate products that haven't been all  that great. 

Drag racing on Wednesday with one of my mates, not planning on beating anyone but would love to see me get 12.9 with the MT ET Streets on. 

Tomorrow afternoon I'll be raising the rear suspension to fit the tyres, checking all my diff and axle bolts, changing spark plugs and putting the tyres on so expect some more pictures then.. 

Edit: Also up for a tune and smoke test soon. It started doing weird stalling shit again this morning and I was thoroughly unimpressed especially since I was running late to work (drove it today to see if there was any issues before Wednesday)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pogman said:

Hey bro great thread have loved reading it. As for you're want for more power e85 is the best way to go best bang for buck i have a gt35 on mine on the lag is very bad

Thanks Pog, Will get it retuned eventually. Going this weekend for a paint quote hopefully :)

Took some pictures tonight of the subframe spacer thingos for those interested also put the MT ET Streets on and changed plugs in prep for tomorrow. 

NI6oF0h.jpg
JtB6wid.jpg
MNlFcSg.jpg
MNlFcSg.jpg
8vPh0Sj.jpg

Mandatory drag racing photo 

Qs8SI5d.jpg

Got what I came for

CFZcprP.jpg
67OZM3J.jpg

The new tyres are fantastic, they grip so well when they have a bit of heat in them. My mates got a lot of photos and videos of my runs and my mate in his MPS but I'm yet to get them. Used my gopro to record a few runs too so once they are edited I'll post. 

I think where I lack now is no launch control, I was slipping the clutch about 5-6k for launches and that seemed to do pretty well all night. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 22/02/2018 at 5:12 AM, klutched said:

Good work ? still heaps of time to gain from the 60ft! If you can get it to sub 2sec it will go low-mid 12s which should be easily doable on the mickeys.

Thanks mate, Will go back eventually with some launch control. 

Broke my fourby so I'm just pouring money into getting it fixed. I could have probably got the skyline resprayed for what I'm about to fork out. Again, skyline goes on the back burner :( 

• 11 months later...

It’s with great sadness that I inform you I’ve sold the boat. Put it up this afternoon and within 1 hour I had a stack of people messaging me and someone offered me what I wanted and left with it a few hours later. 

I may be back in the future but thanks to everyone who’s helped me in the past and everyone who has been a loyal follower of this post. 

• Like 4